unRAID OS version 6.3.5 Stable Release Available

4 minutes ago, themaxxz said:

Also took the plunge and updated from 6.1.9 to 6.3.5 mainly because of the wanacry risk.

I'm running virtualized unraid on supermicro X9SCM platform since forever.  Running ESXi 6.0.0

I also had the slow UI issue in addition to my /boot/config become read-only.  Turns out this was due to the USB 1-1 ESXi reset issue.  Using the workaround of doing a passthrough of a second USB stick/device to my unraid VM resolved this issue.  The USB 1-1 reset message is gone and the UI is much snappier.

But I still have a strange issue with dynamix.  After doing 'apply' in the UI, the UI redirects to /update.htm and then ends up on /undefined page with 404 Not Found.  Re-loading http://host/ brings the UI back.  I already removed /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.plg and rebooted.  Other than this behaviour, the server seems to work ok.

as for USB resets - upgrade to 6.5, this upgrade resolved similar case to me.

as for 404 - are you tried to clean your browser's cache?

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion regarding upgrading to 6.5.  I'll keep it in mind when planning my ESXi upgrade at a later date.  Right now I don't want to spend the rest of the weekend fixing potential issues. :) 

As for the 404, indeed this seems to be a browser/cache (chrome) issue of some sort because I do not see the issue when using IE.

EDIT: clearing browser cached fixed the 404 issue.

Edited by themaxxz
Resolved

Upgraded to 6.3.5, unable to get past the mounting phase without it locking up now. 

Forgot to check here first. I'll add my logs a little later, already spent too long on a day off on this ;) (but I wanted to report it at the very least!). 

Edited by brimnac
Correct spelling
On 2017-6-10 at 8:26 PM, allanp81 said:

I was talking to a friend about it who also runs Unraid and we thought maybe it was my SMB share via the unassigned drives plugin. Since I disabled that I haven't had another lock up. Are you running the same?

I have a SMB share set up but not running. I tried the other suggestion by mafoster and it seems stable (24 hours) after i removed the static IP. 

On 2017-6-11 at 6:20 AM, mafoster said:

Fixed my issue after changing my static IP. Strange but works now. Thanks.

Thanks Mafoster. This worked for me as well, at least for the last 24 hours. 

The second time my server locked up, I could see the screen of my linux virtual machine and I could move the mouse around but clicking didn't do anything. I was able to see my shares on my macbook, and I was even able to telnet into the server and try a reboot, shutdown and running diagnostics through the command line. Nothing worked. In the end, I had to force shutdown with the powerbutton. I have attached the diagnostics after starting the server again, just in case someone can put them to any use for troubleshooting. 

Cheers

Z

diagnostics-20170611-2018.zip

Edited by dinevz

Since my machine locks up at the mounting phase (Unassigned Drives and the Flash drive mount still work), I don't know which log to get. The ones I see in my "logs" folder, via the "Flash" share, all look really old. Is there a path or file name I should be looking for?

3 minutes ago, brimnac said:

Since my machine locks up at the mounting phase (Unassigned Drives and the Flash drive mount still work), I don't know which log to get. The ones I see in my "logs" folder, via the "Flash" share, all look really old. Is there a path or file name I should be looking for?

On the console/SSH type diagnostics, a zip will be saved to your flash drive, upload it.

On 6/4/2017 at 0:21 PM, Living Legend said:

Nada.  It's weird.  Still works.  Just sluggish.  Little things like the images take forever to load up.  Even the green triangles and red squares signifying starting or stopped on dockers.  Everything just takes a while to transition from page to page, and it all happened at immediately after the most recent update.

Same issue here. Still also have lost the Mover button on the main page. Every other update has gone smoothly. This one was pretty smooth other than some odd quirks, thankfully system is still usable.

4 minutes ago, Squid said:

Is your cache drive still assigned? 

Yes, it is. As I said, everything appears to be in order, but Mover button is just gone.

Mover service still runs as it should. I can still invoke via cmd line. 

The button on the main page is simply no longer there. Very odd.

13 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

On the console/SSH type diagnostics, a zip will be saved to your flash drive, upload it.

Thanks for that. I did it once at the very beginning of the mounting process, and it created the zip successfully. I tried creating it again, a little later in the mount (which still wasn't working), and PuTTY locked up. I lost the connection to my server.

I've turned off my Dockers, I've loaded Unassigned Devices before starting the array, I've updated all the other apps I can think of. I have to head out of town for work for a couple of days, so thank you for any help (my wife appreciates it more, since anything I can finish before I leave she'll be able to use ;-)).

I have had issues with past upgrades, but there's always been a fix. Thanks for any help that can be provided!

server-diagnostics-20170612-1840.zip

MainArray.png

Edited by brimnac
Grammar, words. Added picture of main array.
5 hours ago, brimnac said:

Thanks for that. I did it once at the very beginning of the mounting process, and it created the zip successfully. I tried creating it again, a little later in the mount (which still wasn't working), and PuTTY locked up. I lost the connection to my server.

unRAID is crashing when mounting your cache device, see here if it has important data:

• Upvote 2

@bonienl

I cleared the browser cache and that didn't fix the problem. 

Additional information:  The browser is Firefox version 54.0 (64 bit).   That is the latest Firefox version of this release variant.  (A second observation is that I am having the same problem with version 6.4.0-rc3.) 

5 hours ago, bonienl said:

Firefox version 53 works fine, but version 54 exhibits your problem.

What is the solution to this?  In other words, is it something you can fix with a work-around or will the Mozilla people have to fix it?  (If the latter is the case--- the preferred solution by the way---, I hope you can notify them and describe the issue in enough detail that they can work on resolving this issue.  I am the first to admit that this would be well beyond my limited expertise!)