Cache Drive in readonly

Server was operational this morning, proceeded to update Plex ( i have Phaze plugin) that would not install, it would say it updated but in refresh it would say it needed a update. VM's working just fine. I rebooted the server and that when it broke, the drive is not full but its in read only mode, not sure how that happened. Since the cache is in read only nothing works except shares (Yay) Anyhow how do i make it no read only?

13:25:01 LahomaMediaCenter kernel: REISERFS abort (device sdd1): Journal write error in flush_commit_list
May 23 13:25:01 LahomaMediaCenter kernel: REISERFS warning (device sdd1): clm-6006 reiserfs_dirty_inode: writing inode 1263433 on readonly FS
May 23 13:25:01 LahomaMediaCenter kernel: REISERFS warning (device sdd1): clm-6006 reiserfs_dirty_inode: writing inode 761688 on readonly FS
May 23 13:25:01 LahomaMediaCenter root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Unable to write to cache
May 23 13:25:01 LahomaMediaCenter kernel: tonidoconsole[81358]: segfault at d0ac08 ip 00002b9ebab38b8e sp 00002b9ee8ce7c18 error 4 in libc-2.19.so[2b9ebaaa0000+1bb000]
May 23 13:25:02 LahomaMediaCenter root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Call Traces found on your server

lahomamediacenter-diagnostics-20170523-1351.zip

Might be simply a case of loose / bad sata cable / power to the cache drive, as a ton of errors from the driver either follow or precede the reiserfs errors.   I'd reseat the cabling and see what happens.  If still the problems, Check disk filesystem on the cache drive.

As an aside, of any drives that should get converted over to XFS, I'd put the priority one as the cache drive, as by far its going to receive the most amount of writes in the system....

5 minutes ago, Greygoose said:

does yours say this, just noticed mine?

1.png

That's a typo of mine in resetting permissions via Ransomware protection plugin.  Nothing to actually do with anything unless you have disk shares enabled and directly access the disks over the network.

Edited by Squid
3 minutes ago, Greygoose said:

does yours say this, just noticed mine?

1.png

Nope, i will check the cables, i once tried changing the files system but it did not let me because there was stuff on it. I did do a check on the cache drive in maintenance mode and it passed.

Screenshot_20170523-142300.png

i ran a reiser check using check disk filesystem and the cache drive is good.

reiserfsck --check /dev/sdd1
reiserfsck 3.6.24

Will read-only check consistency of the filesystem on /dev/sdd1
Will put log info to 'stdout'

Do you want to run this program?[N/Yes] (note need to type Yes if you do):Yes
###########
reiserfsck --check started at Tue May 23 22:35:24 2017
###########
Replaying journal: Done.
Reiserfs journal '/dev/sdd1' in blocks [18..8211]: 0 transactions replayed
Checking internal tree..  finished                               
Comparing bitmaps..finished
Checking Semantic tree:
finished                                                                       
No corruptions found
There are on the filesystem:
	Leaves 180334
	Internal nodes 1164
	Directories 775757
	Other files 489854
	Data block pointers 83230186 (43078427 of them are zero)
	Safe links 0
###########
reiserfsck finished at Tue May 23 22:44:46 2017
###########
root@LahomaMediaCenter:~# 

Update: removed the drive, put it in a different system and was able to read and write. its a 500GB disk and notice that it reported that usage was 33% all the folders were accessible except for my Plex folder it had a locked on it. Could not removed the lock tried so I gave up and put a new 500GB disk and copied data over. once it was done the new disk reported over 65% disk used. So it seems that unraid or the disk was reporting incorrect usage.

Coying the old data did not fix my issues and my dockers and plex still would not work. I formatted the drive using XFS and restarted from scratch. Plex took a long time to scan my photos but its up and running and so are the rest of my dockers.  I was able to salvage my vm and keep them intact.