Call Trace Error via Fix Common Problems plugin

Hi Everyone,

Current unRAID setup:

unRAID v6.3.4 - stable

Mobo: MSI H170 GAMING M3

CPU: Intel Core i3-6300T

RAM: Can't find the receipt at the moment, but I'm pretty sure it's 16GB Crucial (non-ECC)

HDDs: 2 x WDC_WD60EFRX(1 is Parity), 3 x WD40EFRX

SSD: Samsung_SSD_850_EVO_250GB(cache)

I was updating plugins tonight and went to Fix Common Problems, ran the scan, and the message said: "Your server has issued one or more call traces. This could be caused by a Kernel Issue, Bad Memory, etc. You should post your diagnostics and ask for assistance on the unRaid forums."

The previous day I had a 3 power outages, quickly following each other. Got booted back up, no problems. Later on that evening I updated unRaid to v6.3.4 from the previous version. However when I booted up one of my 4TB reds(sdb specifically) had a red X beside it and said contents emulated. This has happened with this specific drive before when rebooting. Not all the time but on occasion(reboots have always been clean as far as I can tell).I stopped the array, removed the drive and added in back in as a new drive and began a parity rebuild which was successful. No errors found. Well until I received the pop up from fix common problems. I don't know if the two are related but i felt it best to mention it.

Would anyone be able to take a look at the logs and see if they can spot anything untoward? Would be much appreciated if someone could help me out. I'll attach the diagnostics zip and the smart info of sdb.

Cheers.

Edited by MagicSG1
2 hours ago, MagicSG1 said:

"Your server has issued one or more call traces. This could be caused by a Kernel Issue, Bad Memory, etc. You should post your diagnostics and ask for assistance on the unRaid forums."

IRQ 16 got disabled (why is anyone's guess), and then the kernel decided to disable one of the USB ports.  I'm not the expert on this, but if you have no other issues, then I wouldn't lose sleep over it right now.

The previous day I had a 3 power outages, quickly following each other. Got booted back up, no problems. Later on that evening I updated unRaid to v6.3.4 from the previous version. However when I booted up one of my 4TB reds(sdb specifically) had a red X beside it and said contents emulated.

Drives get disabled when a write to it fails.  No other reason.  I think the clue here is this:

This has happened with this specific drive before when rebooting.

I'd hazard a guess that you have a crappy connection / cable / backplane to the drive that's causing all of this, since its seems to be relegated to this particular drive

2 hours ago, Squid said:

IRQ 16 got disabled (why is anyone's guess), and then the kernel decided to disable one of the USB ports.  I'm not the expert on this, but if you have no other issues, then I wouldn't lose sleep over it right now.

Drives get disabled when a write to it fails.  No other reason.  I think the clue here is this:

I'd hazard a guess that you have a crappy connection / cable / backplane to the drive that's causing all of this, since its seems to be relegated to this particular drive

Thanks very much Squid!