More issues than I can shake a stick at

All my problems shortly started after I upgraded from version 3 to 6. It actually worked for a month or so but then I abandoned it for probably 2 months due to time. The server powers up and I can login from an attached monitor but I have no GUI access (I believe that is the term.) When it was halfway working I could access it from my computer but all my tv shows were gone but if I actually searched each hard drive individually they were still there. Thanks for any help in advance.

syslog.txt

Unable to write to disk3 Drive mounted read-only or completely full. Begin Investigation Here: 
Warnings Found Suggested Fix  
Share appdata set to cache-only, but files / folders exist on the array

You should change the share's settings appropriately  or use the dolphin / krusader docker applications to move the offending files accordingly. Note that there are some valid use cases for a set up like this. In particular: THIS

Everything looks okay as far as I can tell when I go to the unraid main. There is still 995gb available on drive 3 and I'm still not showing anything in my mapped tv folder.

Since now the GUI is working go to    'Tools'   >>>  'Diagnostics'     Upload the diagnostics file with your next post.  It will contain a lot of information for the Gurus to chew on.

Did you really upgrade version 3 of unRAID directly to version 6.3.4? 

Have you seen this Wiki on upgrading?     https://wiki.lime-technology.com/Upgrading_to_UnRAID_v6 

If you are, You are coming from further back than most folks can remember.  The Wiki will provide with a lot of information that you should be aware of as you get things straighten out.  It will take some time but you will get there and you should be able to get there without data loss. 

Edited by Frank1940
2 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Does http://192.168.0.2 bring up anything?

What worries me a bit about this IP address is that it is at the bottom of the range.  And usually these addresses have already been assigned to other devices/computers via  DHCP.  Is this server being assigned an address via DHCP or is a static IP address?  Having to reboot a "hundred" times to get the GUI working leads me to believe that there may be an address conflict...

Edited by Frank1940
1 minute ago, Frank1940 said:

What worries me a bit about this IP address is that it is at the bottom of the range.  And usually these addresses have already been assigned to other devices/computers via  DHCP.  Is this server being assigned an address via DHCP or is a static IP address?  Having to reboot a "hundred" times to get the GUI working leads me to believe that there may be an address conflict...

Yep, I was under the same impression. I wanted to work through WHY the server was unreachable, my best guess at the moment is that there are two DHCP servers broadcasting on the network. Since the OP dodged my questions, I suspect the root issue still exists.

I set it up a long time ago and upgraded to vers 6 after a friend laughed at me. He told me how much easier the newer version was. But I always had the philosophy that if its not broke dont fix it. 

I did go through wiki and this forum to get it updated and it worked for a little while then just started crashing and became real buggy. I had my parity drive fail then another drive failed then I think the memory went bad and somewhere in there was the power supply.

im in the middle of running permissions, as soon as it is done I will upload the file.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Just now, texanfan said:

I assure you im not dodging questions, im fumbling through lingo. Probably in way over my head but hey fake it until you make it.

Ok. What all do you know / not know / can guess at / about the way your computers get local IP addresses in your network? Do you know how to ping?

1. How do the devices in your network get IP addresses? All DHCP, or are some statically assigned?

2. Do you know how to log into your router and look at the DHCP assigments?

3. Can you verify the actual address that are in use by your machines?

4. Can you use the ping command to verify low level connection between your machines?

I suspect you may have multiple routers or wifi access points that may be complicating things.

Nope

36 minutes ago, texanfan said:

I want to say we set the server up to be static so it would not change ip but once again not certain. I have a single router running 2 different bands of wifi it's a Arris surfboard, but the server is connected via ethernet cable.

Nope, it is getting its address via DHCP. 

Unrelated to that problem, there is at least one disk with serious issues. 

May 21 12:27:39 Tower kernel: REISERFS error (device md3): vs-5150 search_by_key: invalid format found in block 655670504. Fsck?
May 21 12:27:39 Tower kernel: REISERFS (device md3): Remounting filesystem read-only
May 21 12:27:39 Tower kernel: REISERFS error (device md3): vs-13070 reiserfs_read_locked_inode: i/o failure occurred trying to find stat data of [22 15724 0x0 SD]
May 21 12:27:40 Tower kernel: REISERFS warning: reiserfs-5090 is_tree_node: node level 52394 does not match to the expected one 2
May 21 12:27:40 Tower kernel: REISERFS error (device md3): vs-5150 search_by_key: invalid format found in block 655670504. Fsck?
May 21 12:27:40 Tower kernel: REISERFS error (device md3): vs-13070 reiserfs_read_locked_inode: i/o failure occurred trying to find stat data of [22 17526 0x0 SD]

Smart reports are showing issues with a four disks:  Last four digits of Serial number:  HAAA,  9298,  7RSZ,   and  N166    The last three are probably cabling issues  but the first one has 377 pending sectors.

Edited by Frank1940