Sign in to follow this  
ct1478

Seagate 3 tb hd for sale

korith    2

Great price I think, shouldn't take long to get a buyer. If I was still in the states, I'd have grabbed them.

garycase    32

Good price and reasonable SMART reports.  No reallocated or pending sectors on any of them; and only a few uncorrectable sectors reported on one (Disk1).   8000-10000 hours isn't bad for a used drive.   If I had any use for a drive that small I'd jump at them.  [Interesting how our perspective changes over time r.e. what is "small" :D ]

garycase    32

... regardless of size, $10/TB is a VERY good price for drives with clean SMART reports and under 10,000 hours :)

SSD    149

For a $22/T, you get new, higher density (8T) storage. These 3T Seagates have a poor track record, and they are being sued in a class action lawsuit for their excessive failure rates (look at @jonathanm's link above). For a backup array they might be an economical option. But I would look elsewhere for storage for primary array, even if these were new and someone were giving them away.