[Support] Djoss - HandBrake

This is a great docker Djoss, thanks so much for producing it.

1. Currently I'm trying to go through my old TV Shows and downres them from Full Rips. Is there an easier way than to drag and copy my entire season folder over to the watched folder.. then after they are processed, dragging them back and replacing the originals?

2. I would love for this to connect to UnRaid's pushbullet/alert/notification or be able to use pushbullet on its own. Then it can send messages when the queue is done.

Also just wanted to post my test results, most of you probably are already really knowledgeable about this stuff; I'm not. lol.

Taking a 22minute  2.5g rip from 1080p

Using the default Fast 1080p takes it down to 1gig approximately, no noticeable loss in quality.

Then using Very Fast 1080p takes it down to 500mgs and no noticeable loss in quality.

Then using H.265 MKV 1080p30 preset takes it down to 190mgs..... and no noticeable loss in quality. Its pretty crazy.

Ok, H265 does take it way down, but it also removes that ability to jump around in the file and see the total thoughput. I'm just going to keep doing the H264, its much faster and takes them down to a reasonable size.

Edited by RonUSMC
17 hours ago, RonUSMC said:

1. Currently I'm trying to go through my old TV Shows and downres them from Full Rips. Is there an easier way than to drag and copy my entire season folder over to the watched folder.. then after they are processed, dragging them back and replacing the originals?

I'm afraid that currently it's the easiest way to perform conversions.

17 hours ago, RonUSMC said:

2. I would love for this to connect to UnRaid's pushbullet/alert/notification or be able to use pushbullet on its own. Then it can send messages when the queue is done.

Currently there is no easy way to do this.  However, it's still in my plan to create a plugin to allow sending notifications from docker containers.

17 hours ago, cybrnook said:

Anything special that needs to be done in order to get a SATA connected Blu-Ray drive to be picked up by this docker? I got MakeMKV working fine with the --device additional argument.

Yes some support needs to be added to the container.  I already started the work for this.  I should be able to provide an updated image soon :)

Note that HandBrake is able to decrypt and rip directly from a DVD, but I don't think it's the same thing for a Blu Ray video disc.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Djoss said:

Did you added the —device /dev/sr1 parameter?
Also, look at the container’s log, there are some messages about detected drives.

No, I removed that parameter before updating. Is that what I'm missing? If so, I feel silly. New to docker, I am getting the feeling that the standard docker layout is universal for all containers, and that parameter is needed to pass a devices through. Yep, let me test that :-)

Edited by cybrnook
  • 2 weeks later...

Can you give me an idea of how to clear the memory of what was already transcoded?

autoVideoConverter: Skipping video ***********************************: already processed successfully.

I'm trying to run tests on different transcodes, but if I put the same file in the input it just skips it.

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, reyes136 said:

I am trying to convert video files from a video recorder to a .mp4 forma. When I add the files a .m4v file is created. I know this is just a container for the mp4 file but is there a way to have it create a .mp4 file. I just need a lossless conversion from .m2ts to .mp4

Just rename the .m4v file to .mp4.  Both file extensions are the same: https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/technical/containers.html