[Support] Djoss - HandBrake

I have a large number of dvds stored in videoTS format c://dvds/Ironman/video_TS/there are a several files in here movie,VTS_01_1,VTS_01_02 ect..
When they are processed handbrake does not merge them into one mp4 instead it just converts them as is.  I would really like for it to merge them and rename the final file with the parent folder name.  Can this be done?  If so could someone please give me a hand getting this done?

Thanks

I know that if I set it in the gui it will work as intended.  Its the way the watch script is setup.  Its adding files to the queue but I need folders. 
I really hope someone can help me out.  Perhaps add another watch folder "vts_watch" with its own script that will queue folders.

2 hours ago, Salmack said:

I wanted to just use the watch folder since I have so many.  Set it and forget it for a few days as it does the magic.

Ok so obviously this scenario is currently not supported by the watch folder.  Will look at what it would involve to add support for this.

However, when I try to give a VIDEO_TS folder (or .iso file) to HandBrake cli, it crashes.  Not sure if it's specific to this docker or not...

2 minutes ago, Salmack said:

However it put them in both completed and failed logs.

I guess you are talking about '/config/failed_conversions' and /config/successful_conversions''?

They have the same hash both files?

3 minutes ago, Salmack said:

It did not delete the completed folders.

What was the folder structure in the '/watch' directory?

Check also the container log.  At the end of conversion you should have a log telling that it is removing the video.

Yes its adding them to both files.
I am mistaken it did delete the video files on completion it just left the folder.
/watch/Stargate/Atlantis/Season1
Inside are the episodes for that season.  example:Season1/1-Rising/Video_TS/all the vts and vob files
Its deleting the Video_TS folder but leaving the rest.  "1-Rising"

12 minutes ago, Salmack said:

Yes its adding them to both files.

Both what about the associated hash?  Try to remove both files.  You may just have entries from previous conversions.

13 minutes ago, Salmack said:

Its deleting the Video_TS folder but leaving the rest.  "1-Rising"

Do you have other files under "1-Rising"?

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, nAffie said:

Is the libdvdcss package included in this docker? I tried to convert some dvd's and some of them were encrypted so I've got strange video and audio artifacts in the encoded files.

I probably would of tried to use his MakeMKV docker first to grab an image and then run Handbrake. Its at least an idea. 

11 minutes ago, kizer said:

I probably would of tried to use his MakeMKV docker first to grab an image and then run Handbrake. Its at least an idea. 

Thanks, I've looked into this. 

I don't have a dvd-player in my server, so I can't really use the MakeMKV docker for this. 

I just copied the VIDEO-TS directory that is on the disc from another computer to the Handbrake input folder.

Most dvd's I have just convert correctly, but some just end up with the artifacts due to encryption (I guess). 

2 hours ago, nAffie said:

Thanks, I've looked into this. 

I don't have a dvd-player in my server, so I can't really use the MakeMKV docker for this. 

I just copied the VIDEO-TS directory that is on the disc from another computer to the Handbrake input folder.

Most dvd's I have just convert correctly, but some just end up with the artifacts due to encryption (I guess). 

Totally makes sense. ;-)

13 minutes ago, Djoss said:

Thanks!

A new image is currently building.  It should be available in a couple of minutes.

Great!

Thanks for this, IMO now perfect, ripping solution!

As I said earlier, I don't have a dvd player attached to my server, so the only way I can rip my old dvd's is by serving the VIDEO_TS folders to Handbrake. I've got sooo much ripping to do now! :) 

• 3 weeks later...