Help diagnosing unreliable unRAID box

Hi,

my unRAID box has worked mostly reliably for a couple of years, but has become increasingly unreliable of late.  I've included a couple of diagnostics ZIP files here.  My set up is 1 x 4 TB data HDD, 1 x 4 TB parity HDD, 1 x SSD cache drive.  The main symptom is that the thing works for a few days, then stops.  When I restart it, I've lost all my docker apps -- there isn't even a docker tab on the web UI.  I suspect that the SSD may be part of the problem, but this time it seems to be able to find the SSD (in the past, when it's played up, it has been unable to find the SSD until I've powered the whole thing down for a day or two).

Help!

tower-diagnostics-20170419-2315 Working.zip

tower-diagnostics-20170501-2000 Not quite right.zip

I just quickly scanned both logs and this stuck out. "FAT-fs (sda1): Directory bread(block 8193) failed" IIn your system flaky, but not in the stable one. 'm not sure if this is causing your instability, but I have linked to a very old thread.

While you wait for other more experienced help, you can do a clean shut down and move your USB stick to a different port to see if it fixes the problem. With the operating system loading into memory it seems it seems to be to be unlikely to be causing your problem, but the OS must have to periodically write to the USB.

• Upvote 1