Odd number of cache drives

Hi all,

Q1.

Just wondering how unRAID handles an odd number of cache drives in its cache pool, as i understand it operates in a RAID1 config?

Currently i have 2x 128gb cache drives, and i have a spare 240GB drive kicking around that i'd like to add to the pool.

Q2.

My end game is to have additional SSD space that i can run a few IO intensive VM's on, whilst keeping redundancy. If the cache pool can extend to 3 drives, then it will reside here. Otherwise i suppose i add the disk to my array, and create a share dedicated to that disk, and exclude it from all other shares?

Cheers,

Nasha

Edited by Nasha
21 minutes ago, Nasha said:

Thanks, this is good news. I was under the impression that cache pools were locked to RAID-1 configuration

This is not true RAID-1 where you end up with drives mirrored.   It is a BTRFS specific implementation which simply ensures that all data resides on at least 2 different drives so that recovery is possible after a drive failure.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, itimpi said:

This is not true RAID-1 where you end up with drives mirrored.   It is a BTRFS specific implementation which simply ensures that all data resides on at least 2 different drives so that recovery is possible after a drive failure.

Thanks for the clarification :)