Help! Version 4.2.1

I hadn't been very active with unraid for a while, pretty obvious from the version 4.2.1. A while back I think I was in a rush and tried to update to version 6 without reading the READ ME. I did make a backup of my flash drive. When it didn't boot I just shut it down and figured I'd diagnose the problem later, well know is later. I restored the backup of the flash drive back to the version 4.2.1 and tried to boot the server but I get a message "verifying data pool", and it just hangs there, and I have verified that the server is configured to boot from the flash drive.  What are my options so I don't loose my data. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gary T  

What is your goal? To get 4.2.1 running? Or to update to version 6?

It seems the USB stick is not booting. Could be it's not configured to boot properly in the BIOS, or that the USB is not properly set up to boot. Not sure how you did the USB restore.

When was the last time the array was working? My experience resurrecting drives that are removed from service for a long period has not been stellar. But with parity intact hopefully you'll have a decent chance.

Worst case, if you can't get the old server to boot and your plan is to use unRaid 6, you can set up a new server with a new set of disks. You could then mount each of your disks outside the array and attempt to copy the data over.