Unraid Server (hard?) Crash during the night

Hi,

I have been evaluating Unraid 6.3.3 for purchase, coming from a working no issues Freenas setup.

Everything has been fine and I was about to purchase, I have been doing a lot of reading (a lot of Squid posts too :P).

I had just finished a second parity check - I accidentally turned off the server a few days ago :$ - the server has been running fine since though so not sure what happened and since I'm new to this platform (but not Debian) was wondering if I could get some assistance please.

The server is up now but I have it doing another parity check which takes about 8 hours, poor little hard drives!

Thanks.

• Common fix plugin installed, no issues displayed. I have activated troubleshooting mode though.
  • Only issue besides this one is docker keeps giving errors when attempting stop docker apps or remove them.

Hardware Specifications have been uploaded to Limetech however they are:

Supermicro X9SCL

Xeon 1230V2

16GB of ECC DDR3

LSI Internal SAS SATA 9211-8i 6Gbps 8 Ports

SC826 Case (SAS2 Expander)

6x HGST 7200 drives.

2x 250GB One Sandisk Extreme One Samsung 840 Evo (didnt have this for freenas)

9130 UPS (installed with NUT plugin)

Attachments: Recent completed memory test (before moving to Unraid), the screenshot of the crash was scrolling very fast, this is from the refresh in IPMI not sure if it got anything useful though.

memorytest_Hynix.jpg

storage-diagnostics-20170513-1105.zip

crash.png

Edited by Cadal

Updates:

Common fix extended scan completed with:

The following files exist within the same folder on more than one disk. This duplicated file means that only the version on the lowest numbered disk will be readable, and the others are only going to confuse unRaid and take up excess space:

/mnt/user/system/libvirt/libvirt.img disk1 cache

Which i think i fixed that one.

Unfortunately the syslog is from after the reset, i know that's bad :)

Edited by Cadal
  • 2 weeks later...

Well this hasn't occurred again since (good!), though I have patched to the 6.3.4 (doubt that did anything for this though).

Judging from the lack of response (no disrespect) I didn't attach enough information (aka it rebooted so the syslog was useless) or require payment for support, which I probably will do once I get the system stable, i'm dealing with some gui hangs which could be a plugin I just installed...

Edited by Cadal

Heya @Cadal

I'm going to move this to General Support. A lot more eyes see problems there. 

I know its not the response you'd like to see, but lets see what we can get going for you there. 

I noticed you said "require payment for support". 

You absolutely do not need to make a payment to ask for support. We are all volunteers here to help each other. You could post up a diagnostics file when you get a chance and list all your plugins and or dockers if you have any installed. If you suspect anything you could try and run the system in Safe Mode with no Plugins installed to just to see if anything might be hanging up your system. 

On 5/12/2017 at 9:36 PM, Cadal said:

I have been doing a lot of reading (a lot of Squid posts too :P).

Not quite sure how to take that...  Good / Bad / Annoyed at my humor or what....  Certainly hoping that its annoyed at the humor....  Can't have people thinking that I'm "normal" or anything like that....

While your issue with what appears to be a kernel oops hasn't reappeared, its hard to tell what happened because the beginning of it scrolled off the screen (and you may not have been able to scroll it back up)

9 hours ago, Cadal said:

i'm dealing with some gui hangs which could be a plugin I just installed...

Post your diagnostics after this happens (try logging in to the local console and type "diagnostics". )

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Been off on holidays and now back - I must have missed the notification of replies too - but the crash hasn't happened since.

Should it happen again I'll post a more viable diagnostics file. I do have a separate issue but I'll post that in a separate thread if I cant resolve it myself/after reading more Squid posts (sorry couldn't resist)  :D - vm suddenly started dropping into UEFI shell - got it running but by exiting to bios but its weird (dont like weird!).

@Squid  I like humor and thus take it as good - what's this normal you speak of?

@kizer was just wondering that as I'm new, that said have purchased a pro license anyway, as I'm pretty happy with the solution.

Edited by Cadal