Only a week and just WOW

cpluse

UnRaid is just a amazing to work with. It just flows. The help online and in these forums if worth the money I paid for it. 

Again I'm learning so much but I'm seeing results at the same time. Just have to get this OpenVpn down. I been watching youtube vid. But new to the DNS world. Think I'm going to learn about pfSense. To make it more secure. Keep up the good work and everyone who make plugin and docker.   

Thank you

5 hours ago, NAStyBox said:

It's true, lol. Everything else I have at home either fits on a stick or I can get it again somehow. The baby pictures and home movies is the only data too large to manage that can't disappear. Taxes and vital record copies fit on a thumb drive. That doesn't mean I WANT to haul up the Rubbermaid containers and rip hundreds of cds and dvds again, but that's just time. 

Bulls Eye NSB!  

Yup your story sounds like mine. But i was stressing because i had all my data on a 2 year old drive. Ya i know they say 3 years. But i had another NAS that failed on me with two drives failing at the same time. I was lucky to get it back. But UnRaid has made this process easy and I'm learning allot in the process. Once i get my 2nd server up. I will have a program backup the important data to another location and maybe this time run Unraid as a ESX just for a backup for the backup. lol 

I just have to find a easier way to create Time Machine backups. I though i had it. But I'm trying to get 3 imac to back up in one folder. And it really slow creating time machine backups. I seen the page on here of grabbing the UUID. But do i have to do that for each imac with different UUID.  Hope there's a better way soon. Or just mount the external hard drive that attached to the imac. And backup the file from there. Can wait until snapshot is add to unraid also. 

Cant wait to see whats next or upgrades are in-store for UnRaid. 

Edited by cpluse

I have it working, I followed space invaders guide. I'm new to usenet, so I imagine the issue is the index sites not being properly configured. 

I only want my backup media in blu ray, sickrage is to pull down the back ups using the index site?  Is sickrage better than sonarr or are they different. 

Hard to find good index sites. They are invite only. And it's not permitted to discuss about them here. In sick rage you enter the site's username and the API key they give you. Some indexers ask you to donate to get more than a handful of API hits per day.

Sonarr vs sick rage is like a mac vs pc thing. I use sickrage/medusa because it has subtitle downloads. But they both perform the same function.

Edited by hernandito
  • Upvote 1