[Support] Djoss - CloudBerry Backup

5 hours ago, geonerdist said:

I've recently started experiencing the following error. Does anyone know if this is a Cloudberry or Unraid issue? I have done a bit of Googling but cannot seem to find a resolution for this.

image.png.18bf5dbb317e781f8900ac3675760012.png

The message indicates that docker.img changed while trying to perform a backup.  This is kind of expected, especially if you run Docker containers.  A soon as a container writes something outside its defined volumes, docker.img will change.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2023 at 3:09 PM, Djoss said:

The message indicates that docker.img changed while trying to perform a backup.  This is kind of expected, especially if you run Docker containers.  A soon as a container writes something outside its defined volumes, docker.img will change.

That's sort of what I was guessing, just surprised that I have not seen this warning until recently. Just sort of started happening. 

20 hours ago, geonerdist said:

That's sort of what I was guessing, just surprised that I have not seen this warning until recently. Just sort of started happening. 

Have you installed a new container recently ?  Or maybe an update to a container changed its behaviour...

/Storage location is not appearing in the GUI as a backup source.

This is new behavior and now none of my existing backup plans are working.

If I open the console, storage exists and is populated as expected.

It's only non-existent in the WebUI.

I am running the latest August 2023 version.

I have removed and recreated, totally deleted and recreated the container, but behavior is the same.

If I add a new custom mount point, in the docker container settings i get the same behaviour... can see in the console CLI but not in GUI.

8 hours ago, andyberry said:

/Storage location is not appearing in the GUI as a backup source.

This is new behavior and now none of my existing backup plans are working.

If I open the console, storage exists and is populated as expected.

It's only non-existent in the WebUI.

I am running the latest August 2023 version.

I have removed and recreated, totally deleted and recreated the container, but behavior is the same.

If I add a new custom mount point, in the docker container settings i get the same behaviour... can see in the console CLI but not in GUI.

Did you change the type of Docker vDisk (under Settings->Docker) recently ?

1 minute ago, andyberry said:

Oh yes I did!  Was btfrs, moved to xfs.

This is probably the issue.  This changes mount points inside the container and for some reason causes CloudBerry Backup to not detect /storage.  Issue has been reported multiple times to the company, but so far no fix from them.

So I've been using CloudBerry backup for a while to backup the painfully digitized record collection I host on my NAS and other things. I have tried many times to backup my /mnt/user/appdata folder, but the backup always encounters errors due to log files, databases, and other types of files that update due to the running apps. These files are ones I would like backed up, especially in the case of a crash or hardware failure, so I don't want to blacklist the file extensions for them. Is there a way to get them to backup successfully and have CloudBerry not just throw a ton of errors at me in the error reporting? Screenshot attached shows the kind of files that typically result in errors for me. 

Screenshot 2023-08-29 101805.png

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I'm trying to wrap my head around cloudberry backup and I want to check, if it's a solution for my use case. After reading through the comments here, my understanding is CloudberryBackup was officially discontinued and replaced with msp360-standalone-backup. You can require a license for an annual payment of $19.99. But it's still possible to run CloudBerryBackup docker and install it through community-app-store? 

Questions:

1) What has the MSP360-license to do with the community store app "CloudberryBackup"?

2) I was trying out the Community-app and my VNC chrashes after a backup. Is the docker-container that is available on the community-app-store still maintained/updated and a viable solution? If so, how?

3) The github-documentation seems to be dated, since there is no mentioning of MSP360 and it's not mentioned in the first post of this topic.

4) The config to set up the container in unraid is filled with incomplete sentences like "Port to access the application's GUI via the web interface. NOTE: This setting is relevant only when the Network Type is set to". What happened here?

It's kind of confusing and it looks faulty. I'd be very glad, if someone could explain.

Edited by phosno
16 hours ago, phosno said:

my understanding is CloudberryBackup was officially discontinued and replaced with msp360-standalone-backup

To be precise, the software has only been renamed/rebranded.  So this is the same software as before.

1) What has the MSP360-license to do with the community store app "CloudberryBackup"?

Licenses for MSP360 Standalone Backup (Linux editions) apply to this container.

2) I was trying out the Community-app and my VNC chrashes after a backup. Is the docker-container that is available on the community-app-store still maintained/updated and a viable solution? If so, how?

Yes this is still maintained and updated.  You should provide more details about the issue you got.

3) The github-documentation seems to be dated, since there is no mentioning of MSP360 and it's not mentioned in the first post of this topic.

You are right, the new name should be reflected in documentation.

4) The config to set up the container in unraid is filled with incomplete sentences like "Port to access the application's GUI via the web interface. NOTE: This setting is relevant only when the Network Type is set to". What happened here?

I don't see this issue.  Maybe you can provide a screenshot showing the problem ?

On 1/15/2024 at 2:52 AM, Djoss said:

To be precise, the software has only been renamed/rebranded.  So this is the same software as before.

Licenses for MSP360 Standalone Backup (Linux editions) apply to this container.

Thank you for your response. I see, but how is this container still maintained by you? Do you implement changes yourself or in collaboration with msp360? 

Yes this is still maintained and updated.  You should provide more details about the issue you got.

I added a screenshot of the frozen VNC screen after a backup. All buttons are grey. Maybe I'm using it wrong? Restarting the container fixes the issue. I'm on Chrome Browser (Version 120.0.6099.217), Unraid 6.12.3.

I don't see this issue.  Maybe you can provide a screenshot showing the problem ?

I attached a screenshot of the unraid container config (cb2.png). Some sentences are not finished.

cloudberry_1.png

cb2.PNG

Edited by phosno
On 1/14/2024 at 7:52 PM, Djoss said:

I am having the same issue with the GUI locking up. It does not appear to be a VNC problem as previously alluded to as I can reconnect and the connection is noted in the container log.

I recently installed the CloudBerry Docker container and setup went well. I scheduled regular incremental backups and a weekly full backup. I then initiated a manual backup.

When the manual backup completed, the GUI turned all elements grey aside from a red "Backup service not running" in the lower right hand corner. VNC did not crash as I was able to close the tab and reconnect to the same screen. The container shell also continued to function as expected. Rebooting the container resolves the issue... However the situation is replicated after every incremental backup as well. My screen looks the same as phonso when this occurs.

EDIT: I disabled the detailed email notifications "In All Cases" (since I wasn't receiving them anyway) and changed to detailed notifications "When plan fails" and there are no problems.

I wonder if there is something crashing when it attempts to generate the email.

Edited by burner50
On 1/15/2024 at 4:41 AM, phosno said:

Thank you for your response. I see, but how is this container still maintained by you? Do you implement changes yourself or in collaboration with msp360? 

What I'm maintaining is the container image.  In other words, the integration of the MSP360 software itself.  The MSP360 software is not open source, so we cannot change it.  If there is a bug with it, it's MPS360 that has to fix it.

I added a screenshot of the frozen VNC screen after a backup. All buttons are grey. Maybe I'm using it wrong? Restarting the container fixes the issue. I'm on Chrome Browser (Version 120.0.6099.217), Unraid 6.12.3.

I'm working to integrate a new version of MSP360 Backup.  Once done, we can verify if you still get the problem.

I attached a screenshot of the unraid container config (cb2.png). Some sentences are not finished.

This is strange.  Do you see this behaviour with other containers ?

Hey everyone, for those just starting with CloudBerry (now msp360 backup).

• The docker container does not bring you to the license page when you click the link (as of 1/23/2024).
  • The website is a bit confusing. You need to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "MSP360 Standalone Backup" or click this link: https://www.msp360.com/msp360-standalone-backup/
  • Once on the standalone page, if you scroll almost to the bottom, a section that is embedded in the page has "tabs" in it (horrible design if you ask me), you must click the "linux" tab to see the price options:
    image.thumb.png.5e05d1c021f2be6a0541b0723fcdcb68.png

This was a little confusing for me so I thought I would share. I have still not setup backups but I intend to switch to MSP360 to replace duplicati that has only been giving problems recently. 

• 2 months later...
On 8/22/2023 at 12:48 PM, Djoss said:

This is probably the issue.  This changes mount points inside the container and for some reason causes CloudBerry Backup to not detect /storage.  Issue has been reported multiple times to the company, but so far no fix from them.

Have they seriously STILL not addressed this issue?

/storage still does not show up, and I refuse to move back to btrfs just for that.