**VIDEO GUIDE** How to easily make encrypted cloud or network backups using Duplicati **

Hi Guys this is a tutorial on how to setup and use Duplicati for encrypted backups to common cloud storage providers. 
You will also see how to backup from your unRAID server to another NAS/unRAID server on your network.
You will also see some of the common settings in Duplicati and how to also restore backups etc.
Hope its useful :)

How to easily make encrypted cloud or network backups using Duplicati

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had no success with this docker at all

I am backing up to Amazon Cloud, and any backup i create will fail with a variety of different error messages.

The backup will always start off OK, then will fail with either locking or just a generic error

Very frustrating as i really like the idea of this docker

Edited by sdamaged
On 2017-5-18 at 4:17 PM, sdamaged said:

I've had no success with this docker at all

I am backing up to Amazon Cloud, and any backup i create will fail with a variety of different error messages.

The backup will always start off OK, then will fail with either locking or just a generic error

Very frustrating as i really like the idea of this docker

Try setting the amzcd-consistency-delay to be on. (15 seconds) under option for the backup, advanced options. This may help as 

amazon needs a small delay for results to stay consistent.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the tip

Unfortunately it failed again :-(

System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out. at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.HandleFilesystemEntry (Duplicati.Library.Snapshots.ISnapshotService snapshot, Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend, System.String path, System.IO.FileAttributes attributes) [0x0000e] in <b275af8d4cff4afa84903c985717f7da>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.RunMainOperation (Duplicati.Library.Snapshots.ISnapshotService snapshot, Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend) [0x0018a] in <b275af8d4cff4afa84903c985717f7da>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.Run (System.String[] sources, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter filter) [0x00860] in <b275af8d4cff4afa84903c985717f7da>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller+<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<Backup>b__0 (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackupResults result) [0x0030f] in <b275af8d4cff4afa84903c985717f7da>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T] (T result, System.String[]& paths, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter& filter, System.Action`1[T] method) [0x0014b] in <b275af8d4cff4afa84903c985717f7da>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.Backup (System.String[] inputsources, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter filter) [0x00068] in <b275af8d4cff4afa84903c985717f7da>:0 at Duplicati.Server.Runner.Run (Duplicati.Server.Runner+IRunnerData data, System.Boolean fromQueue) [0x003e5] in <df1d6f2a0d3642f4890afe5967a537bd>:0

I have a question about Duplicati. I am backing up about 1.7TB of data to Amazon Drive. Photos, work archives, emails, etc. I ran the backup and it took a long time, but eventually it finished.

Now that I am running it every 2 days, it looks like it's backing up the entire 1.7TB again. Is this normal? In thinking about it, if its encrypting,compressing and uploading the data in 50MB chunks, it doesn't know what it backed up before in order to only do incremental. Am I correct? I would HATE to backup/store everything unencrypted.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Many thanks,

Hernando

• 3 months later...