Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gridrunner

**VIDEO GUIDE** How to easily make encrypted cloud or network backups using Duplicati **

6 posts in this topic

Hi Guys this is a tutorial on how to setup and use Duplicati for encrypted backups to common cloud storage providers. 
You will also see how to backup from your unRAID server to another NAS/unRAID server on your network.
You will also see some of the common settings in Duplicati and how to also restore backups etc.
Hope its useful :)

How to easily make encrypted cloud or network backups using Duplicati

Posted (edited)

Awesome! Just paid for amazon drive and implemented per your guide. Sending you a donation for a couple of pints on my behalf.

edit:

sorry, do you have a donation link?

Edited by hernandito

I've searched online and can't determine, but is duplicati single or multi threaded?

I've had no success with this docker at all

I am backing up to Amazon Cloud, and any backup i create will fail with a variety of different error messages.

The backup will always start off OK, then will fail with either locking or just a generic error

Very frustrating as i really like the idea of this docker

Edited by sdamaged

On 2017-5-18 at 4:17 PM, sdamaged said:

I've had no success with this docker at all

I am backing up to Amazon Cloud, and any backup i create will fail with a variety of different error messages.

The backup will always start off OK, then will fail with either locking or just a generic error

Very frustrating as i really like the idea of this docker

Try setting the amzcd-consistency-delay to be on. (15 seconds) under option for the backup, advanced options. This may help as 

amazon needs a small delay for results to stay consistent.

Thanks for the tip

Unfortunately it failed again :-(

System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out. at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.HandleFilesystemEntry (Duplicati.Library.Snapshots.ISnapshotService snapshot, Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend, System.String path, System.IO.FileAttributes attributes) [0x0000e] in <b275af8d4cff4afa84903c985717f7da>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.RunMainOperation (Duplicati.Library.Snapshots.ISnapshotService snapshot, Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend) [0x0018a] in <b275af8d4cff4afa84903c985717f7da>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.Run (System.String[] sources, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter filter) [0x00860] in <b275af8d4cff4afa84903c985717f7da>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller+<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<Backup>b__0 (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackupResults result) [0x0030f] in <b275af8d4cff4afa84903c985717f7da>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T] (T result, System.String[]& paths, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter& filter, System.Action`1[T] method) [0x0014b] in <b275af8d4cff4afa84903c985717f7da>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.Backup (System.String[] inputsources, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter filter) [0x00068] in <b275af8d4cff4afa84903c985717f7da>:0 at Duplicati.Server.Runner.Run (Duplicati.Server.Runner+IRunnerData data, System.Boolean fromQueue) [0x003e5] in <df1d6f2a0d3642f4890afe5967a537bd>:0