Plex Docker

Hi all,

New docker and unraid so move post if its not in the correct location. im having some issues telling Plex where my movies are. Ive installed it in the docker but can not get it to talk with the other shares on the system. I tried following a few tutorials that are on YouTube but none that i could find used 6.3.3 that uses a different interface. any help would be much appreciated.

unraid.JPG

Hi all,
New docker and unraid so move post if its not in the correct location. im having some issues telling Plex where my movies are. Ive installed it in the docker but can not get it to talk with the other shares on the system. I tried following a few tutorials that are on YouTube but none that i could find used 6.3.3 that uses a different interface. any help would be much appreciated.

unraid.JPG.768f300910a0aa0f004a19f6f3ed66e9.JPG

Hit edit on host path 1 and post that screenshot. But if everything is ok you tell plex all your files are in /MyMedia

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I think you both may be slightly talking on different topics, or aspects without realizing it.   So yes, as Squid said, "Assuming that you have a share named VM + Plex with a subfolder named Plex that contains your media files, you tell Plex to add your libraries from /MyMedia"

I might have said it differently, such as; as long as the mount point VM + Plex exists in your Linux environment, with a sub-directory named Plex that contains your media files, you tell Plex to add your libraries from /MyMedia

Again, so I hopefully do not cause additional confusion in the matter...  Many people say subfolder, but I still think of them as sub directories.  I also think there are various names and descriptions for what I call Mount Points in Linux, but I am not sure what they would be so, short description follows of a Mount Point (as far as how I think of it at least);  The virtual mounting place in the Linux file structure tree, where devices are virtually placed to provide a logical access point to reference file access from.  The devices which are virtually mounted can include physical storage and other virtual storage devices, either locally existing, or externally over various mapped network paths.

jjackstar, I played with plex about a month ago under docker.  I was at first seeming to have the problems you seem to be describing.  I thought I was doing things correctly, but no worky...

Then I put my mind back in to very basic LINUX mode.  I looked at the configuration settings, and it dawned on me... "good grief!  I am linking to a mount point that I have never set up so it does not exist!"  So I actually created a mount point to match what I was setting up in the PLEX docker configuration, and IT WORKED! I then played with setting up various mount points that were actually other computer resources on my network, and they also proper worked and could be added to the PLEX docker server libraries!