ALL SOLD: 53TB unRAID NAS [Dallas, TX, USA]

This is a 24+2 bay chassis (4U) running the latest version of unRAID. The front 24 bays support SATA3/6Gbps drives and are connected to three Supermicro AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 cards. The two rear drive bays have a SAS backplane (also 6Gbps) and are currently populated with two 15k 320GB drives for the cache pool.

There are two interal 2.5" mounts that would be suitable for SSD drives. The motherboard has onboard SATA2 ports, or you can add a fourth PCI card to drive the SSD and cache drives.

The system is running dual Xeon processors with a total of 16 threads and is populated with 2GB RAM sticks for a total of 24GB. That can be increased by replacing with larger DIMMS, up to 192GB. VT-x and VT-d are supported with this architecture so you can run both docker apps and VM's within unRAID.

The drives are a mix of 4TB, 3TB, and 2TB from both Western Digital and Seagate. The drives have been precleared and the array freshly created with dual parity. Currently usable space with this configuration is 53TB, with protection of up to two simultaneous drive failures.

There are three power supplies in the chassis (only one must be connected to power on) and I have three spares for future replacements. I will also include 2 spare 2TB drives, 4 spare 15k 320GB SAS drives, 5 empty caddies, and rails.

Plenty of room for growth, even with it fully populated, simply by replacing drives with larger sizes. Runs Plex and other media related dockers perfectly.

Due to size and weight, this cannot be shipped - but I'll work with a potential buyer/trader to transfer the item if not located immediately in the Dallas area.

$1200, offers welcome. All remaining items have been SOLD.

IMG_6129.thumb.jpg.fca66523f74387943829401fb4921173.jpg

IMG_6130.thumb.jpg.ca36d3a3abd1151fa8f70ba0fb055f8a.jpg

Edited by thaddeussmith

Looks amazing, however I'm in the UK and not actually in the market for a new server.

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's not allowed to transfer your Unraid license, so you may have to sell it without that.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

On 5/12/2017 at 8:03 PM, leg0 said:

Ok thanks. Please PM me if you change your mind. Interested in a few 3TB WD drives.

Not a lot of interest in the whole complete system, so I'll start seeing if I can part it out.

For the disks - I'm at $15/TB plus shipping and paypal in the CONUS. I typically like to include those fees when selling something, but the margins are just too thin on this stuff.

For the HBA's w/ low profile brackets - $50/card plus shipping and paypal in the CONUS. I currently have 3.

For the chassis and compute + spare parts - $300, local DFW only.

disks.thumb.PNG.fa998f036c8ff9a45ebb3d3b50dd2a71.PNG

Edited by thaddeussmith

The following drives are still available..

4TB drives:

1x Western Digital WD4000F9YZ
1x Seagate ST4000DM000
#########################################################################################################

2TB drives:

4x Seagate ST2000DM001
9x Seagate ST2000DL003

#########################################################################################################