Does the 30 Drive limit include the SSD cache and/or Parity drive(s) ?

Does the 30 Drive limit include the SSD cache and/or Parity drive(s) ? 

I am trying to figure out which SAS controllers to get combined with the number of SATA ports on the motherboard. 

In other words, can I have 30 drives + 1 SSD for cache and/or +1(or 2) parity drives? 

Thanks. 

24 minutes ago, trurl said:

yes

Is the 30 drive limit some artificial number the engineers came up with or does it reach the limit of being stable or something like that? 

The website use to say 24 drive limit but now in the forum they all say 30. Just an arbitrary number or system is unable to handle more  or something else happens? 

I will probably only be using like a few drives at a time. Most items are mostly for archive. 

Thanks. 

Using a Pro license the 30 drive limit includes parity but does not include cache.    You can also have up to 24 drives in the cache pool.  In addition you can have any number of drives not part of the array or cache.

these limits are hard-coded in unRAID and are what Limetech have decided to allow for a particular license type.    Over time the limits have increased and the web site may still have references to older lower limits.

• Upvote 1