New Permissions tool auto run at intervals

I'm using transmission client and every now and then completed torrents are not deleted by Couchpotato and remain in the queue. I have noticed that running new permissions solves this issue (Don't know why!) Is it possible that new permissions could automatically run every few days or once a week or something? Linux noob here so if you are going to suggest some scripts please try and point to something that is a bit descriptive in nature. Thank you.

1 minute ago, extremeaudio said:

I'm using transmission client and every now and then completed torrents are not deleted by Couchpotato and remain in the queue. I have noticed that running new permissions solves this issue (Don't know why!) Is it possible that new permissions could automatically run every few days or once a week or something? Linux noob here so if you are going to suggest some scripts please try and point to something that is a bit descriptive in nature. Thank you.

#1 - Don't run the stock New Permissions tool.  It may trash your docker appdata, as docker apps may have their own unique permission requirements.  Instead run the Docker Safe New Permissions Tool that comes with the Fix Common Problems plugin.  It won't touch anything within your appdata

Your actual problem is better fixed within transmission itself (it may have within its GUI the ability to set permissions on the completed permissions.  Try setting it to something like 0777)

If it doesn't, and you still want to go the script method, then you want to look at the user scripts plugin, and create a script that does what you want.  Script would probably be something akin to:

chmod 0777 -R /mnt/user/CompletedTorrents

45 minutes ago, Squid said:

#1 - Don't run the stock New Permissions tool.  It may trash your docker appdata, as docker apps may have their own unique permission requirements.  Instead run the Docker Safe New Permissions Tool that comes with the Fix Common Problems plugin.  It won't touch anything within your appdata

Your actual problem is better fixed within transmission itself (it may have within its GUI the ability to set permissions on the completed permissions.  Try setting it to something like 0777)

If it doesn't, and you still want to go the script method, then you want to look at the user scripts plugin, and create a script that does what you want.  Script would probably be something akin to:

chmod 0777 -R /mnt/user/CompletedTorrents

You have to edit umask in settings.json in transmission's appdata. See transmission website.