[SOLVED] Dead Controller Card

I have the SM SC846 and it looks like maybe one of my controller cards died during a power event.  (power supply died)

I am going to try to figure out which card died and once I do then put the drives back in on the existing good cards.  Does it matter if the drives arent back on the same /dev/sd[bdefg] devices, as long as I assign the right drives based on serial number to the missing parity, disk1, disk2, disk3 etc disks?

Please let me know.  Thanks

Scott

Edited by dasoul
marking solved
1 hour ago, dasoul said:

I have the SM SC846 and it looks like maybe one of my controller cards died during a power event.  (power supply died)

I am going to try to figure out which card died and once I do then put the drives back in on the existing good cards.  Does it matter if the drives arent back on the same /dev/sd[bdefg] devices, as long as I assign the right drives based on serial number to the missing parity, disk1, disk2, disk3 etc disks?

Please let me know.  Thanks

Scott

unRaid keeps track of disks by serial number not by sdX (and there's no guarantee that even if the hardware doesn't change that the sdX labels stay constant from one boot to another).

So long as all the disks are found on a new controller, unRaid won't care and will start right back up.

• Upvote 1