[Plugin] Disk Speed Test - Deprecated

INCOMPATIBLE WITH UNRAID 6.3.5+

speedtest.png

Disk Speed Test

A Plugin acting as a front end to JBartlett's excellent Disk Speed Test Script.  In JBartlett's words from his thread,

This utility will perform read tests at different points on each drive attached to the system (even those not assigned to the UNRAID array) to compute the average speed & generate a graph. Useful if you want to see if you have a drive that's slower than the others and negatively affecting your parity drive speeds. 

This plugin supports all of the script's options, and adds in historical records to see how your drives were performing in the past.

You can find the Plugin within the Apps tab.  (Search for disk speed).  After installing, you can find the plugin on the Tools tab (System Information section)

Untitled.thumb.png.6d615bac25277b777888aff32baad081.png

Edited by Squid
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, 1812 said:

QUESTION: in the future, could this be updated to run a specified number of disks at the same time? It would be beneficial in attempting to figure out  possible hardware bottlenecks.

I believe that @jbartlett has some plans on revamping the script.  This plugin is simply a wrapper for the script (with some modifications to allow it to work in a plugin environment)

Edited by Squid

First up I like the app. Very easy to use.

Just two questions.

I the image supplied can I assume that the N/A highlighted with the first yellow box will be filled with the info from the other drives if I test all drives at once?

And second question is what is the red box for highlighted with the second yellow box?

Untitled.jpg

18 hours ago, JWMutant said:

Just two questions.

I the image supplied can I assume that the N/A highlighted with the first yellow box will be filled with the info from the other drives if I test all drives at once?

And second question is what is the red box for highlighted with the second yellow box?

Untitled.jpg

Everything would make sense if you had dynamix set to white.  I'll fix... (As of late, the black theme has been driving me nuts, so I never use it)

21 hours ago, JWMutant said:

Just two questions.

Untitled.jpg

And fixed.  Fix however is only going forward.  Previously generated charts won't display properly on a black background

Also changed the historical record to be 24hour format (for proper formatting)

• 3 months later...

Could be just me but the script is broken on 6.4.0-rc8q. No image at all for a new test run. Neither of my 2 previous show image but the text is visible. The new run text is mangled as it looks like disk detection is busted? First is new latest run. Next, is run from July. No pics for any of them.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Edited by interwebtech
added pics
27 minutes ago, interwebtech said:

Could be just me but the script is broken on 6.4.0-rc8q. No image at all for a new test run. Neither of my 2 previous show image but the text is visible. The new run text is mangled as it looks like disk detection is busted? First is new latest run. Next, is run from July. No pics for any of them.

Its more than that.  What it appears is that the script by @jbartlett makes extensive use of mdcmd to determine everything (which is now deprecated).  I can't get it to even test and come up with the correct drive being tested by selecting a single drive.

The graphs, not quite sure by may be related.  I do know that he is working on a plugin himself that is supposed to be far better than this hack on his rather old original script.

What I'm going to do is mark the plugin as being incompatible with everything over 6.4RC7a and wait for the replacement.

Yeah, I'm going to do the same. Every new UNRAID version seems to break things. It's unwieldy to update it to work with new versions and maintain backward compatibility. The new version I'm working on has minimal reliance on mdcmd and then just to get a list of drive assignments. Still need to see if I can figure out the cache drive assignments without scraping the web GUI for it.

44 minutes ago, jbartlett said:

Yeah, I'm going to do the same. Every new UNRAID version seems to break things. It's unwieldy to update it to work with new versions and maintain backward compatibility. The new version I'm working on has minimal reliance on mdcmd and then just to get a list of drive assignments. Still need to see if I can figure out the cache drive assignments without scraping the web GUI for it.

disk.ini

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/2/2017 at 9:58 PM, Squid said:

A Plugin acting as a front end to JBartlett's excellent Disk Speed Test Script.  In JBartlett's words from his thread,

On 11/14/2017 at 8:28 AM, Squid said:

You're probably using 6.4 on which case it won't show as it's incompatible

Hi Squid... so I just upgraded to 6.4 and this is what Fix Common Problems is telling me.

diskspeedtest.plg Not Compatible with unRaid version 6.4.0

The author (or moderators of Community Applications) of the plugin template (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/diskspeedtest/master/plugins/diskspeedtest.plg) has specified that this plugin is incompatible with your version of unRaid (6.4.0). You should uninstall the plugin here: Maximum OS Version: 6.4.0-rc7a

Any thoughts?  Many thanks in advance!!