Pro license unnassigned drive limit

Hello,

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, but I didn't see an answer on the FAQ.  I was wondering what the actual limit is on attached devices for the pro license.  The "Buy-It" link from your main homepage takes you to a page that says that you may have an unlimited number of attached devices.  However, when you follow the link at the top left of your server's dashboard to purchase a license, it says that the pro license has a limit of 25 devices. (see attached screen shots) I was wondering which was true? I have more than 25 drive bays and would like the capability to attach more drives than that if necessary. Before I purchase a license I just wanted to have that clarified.

Was the limit previously 25 devices, but was changed to no-limit and that webpage has yet to be updated? Or when you say "unlimited" do you really mean 25 devices?

Thanks for the clarification,

Harry

1.PNG

2.PNG

Look at the FAQ entries at the bottom of your first screen shot - that describes the limits in more detail.   Limits have increased over time so any reference to lower limits you come across is almost certainly historical and refers to older unRAID releases.

The current limits for the Pro license allows for up to 30 drives in the array (including 2 parity drives) and 24 drives in the cache pool.    You can also have an unlimited number of other drives that are not part of the array or the cache pool.

• 4 weeks later...

I believe that the limits are currently imposed by the OS/unRAID itself not the license, so if unraid INCREASES to allow more drives, then the pro license will expand, while the Plus would probably stay at the current 12 drive limit. The second page you posted is old(er) (outdated) information

see the * below

* while Pro keys don’t have an attached-device limit, unRAID OS versions have different assignable device limits. See the FAQ section for more information.

Edited by Nyghthawk