Unresponsive System

Hey guys I've been running into a few issue lately where my server will become unresponsive. Meaning shares will not open / unable to access and the web UI will also lock up and i am unable to use that as well. I can ssh into the box and everything seems to be working on that side of things.

I thought it may have been a VM / Docker causing an issue and i had been planning on moving all of those items to a different box anyways. This weekend i moved all my VM's and dockers off the server. rebuilt the flash drive and started over. Im still running into the same issues.

I installed the community apps plugin today and also the fix common problems plugin which gave me a message that said:

"Your server has issued one or more call traces. This could be caused by a Kernel Issue, Bad Memory, etc. You should post your diagnostics and ask for assistance on the unRaid forums"

which i have never seen before. Figured it was time to reach out for some assistance. 

I've attached the logs i was able to gather while ssh'd into the server during the time it was unresponsive. (which has happened 2 so far today)

System Specs

Unraid Version: 6.3.3

Board:  Intel Corporation - S2600CP

Cpu: 2x E5-2670's

Ram: 12gb ecc hynix (downgraded from 64 due to pulling dockers and vm off the server)

Psu: Evga 850 Super nova

Sas: Imb M1015 flashed it IT mode

Sas: Intel RES2SV240 expander 

Case: Norco 4224

Hard Drives:

10x - wd red

10x - Seagate 500gb (had them laying around new in packaging figured i would put them to use. 

1 - 8tb segate smr

1 - 1tb green wd

14tb out of 36tb free

atlas-diagnostics-20170425-1339.zip

Edited by Burksdb
Just now, ashman70 said:

So prior to this reduction in memory the server ran for how long without any issues?

its been 6-8 months since i upgraded the board, cpu, and ram but even before that everything was working properly. Prob been over a year since ive had any issues with the system. 

1 minute ago, ashman70 said:

So at some point you upgraded the board/cpu and RAM, but it ran for a year since then? All you did was reduce the RAM and the server started becoming unresponsive?

it ran fine for 2 years or so without really any issues. Upgraded the board, cpu, and ram within the last 6-8 months but the only that has changed recently was going from 64gb of ram to 12gb due to turning off vm's and docker.

The unresponsive issue started before the ram downgrade but i thiought that maybe the vm or docker system was causing those issues which seems like they were not the cause. 

2 minutes ago, ashman70 said:

If there were no other changes, nothing was moved, no new network cards, changes to the network, new switch, cabling then its hard to say. Typically problems like this don't happen out of the blue for no apparent reason. Did they start happening after an unRAID upgrade?

Agreed which is why i thought it was odd. I honestly cant remember if it was happening before upgrading unraid versions or not. I did rebuild the flash drive and only reinstalled the community apps and fix common problems to see if that would resolve my issue but it did not.