Issue with adding a new drive - UNMOUNTABLE

I am running Unraid 6.3.2 Server Pro.  I have 5x3TB drives (1 parity, 4 data).  I have another 3TB drive that I tested with Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows (Quick test, Extended test, then Full Erase).  All tests passed-  It took many hours to run the test and erase.  I then installed the drive in Unraid server, assigned it (SDF), and then did what was available in Unraid web interface for the newly detected drive- CLEAR.  "Clearing in progress" ran for about 6 hours, seemed to completed successfully, then started the array.  But the new Disk 5 then showed as UNMOUNTABLE.  I did what I thought I was supposed to next- FORMAT, which says something about creating a new file system on all UNMOUNTABLE drives.  Unraid showed "Formatting" for a very short period of time, and now shows Disk 5 as a file system of XFS, where the other 4 data drives are REISERFS.

In looking through some forum entries, I see people stating to NOT FORMAT DRIVE for an UNMOUNTABLE .  Oops.  I thought the drive couldn't be mounted because it had no file system.  

I did run a parity check yesterday, which produced no errors.  I also backed up the USB thumb-drive before I attempted to expand this unraid server.  There is no data that I care about on the new drive.  But I do not want to lose data on any of the other drives.

Not sure what to do from here-

Suggestions?

9 minutes ago, WannaTheater said:

In looking through some forum entries, I see people stating to NOT FORMAT DRIVE for an UNMOUNTABLE .  Oops.  I thought the drive couldn't be mounted because it had no file system.  

That is if you were trying to recover a disk.  In your case, the disk was indeed unmountable because it had no filesystem, and needed to be formatted...  So long as the only disk the unRaid notified you it was going to be formatted was indeed the new disk, then all is good

Whew.

So in trying to figure out why the new disk FS is XFS and not REISERFS, it looks like it does not matter.  I have used some reiserFS tools in the past to access unraid drives (that have failed) to pull data from (by mounting the unraid *failed* drive to a Windows PC).  Does XFS have the same type of tools?

Or should I stop the array, switch Disc 5 to ReiserFS, and then restart?  I also use several shares across drives, and thought I saw something about having issues with shares across drives with different file systems- 

XFS is the default file system for 6.x+  ReiserFS is slowly being deprecated, as its no longer being maintained and the odd issue with it surfaces for some users.  Under ideal circumstances, it is recommended to redo all your drives as XFS  (which means copying from the reiser disks to the xfs disk, reformatting the now empty reiser disk as xfs, and continuing.  There a whole sticky for converting to xfs