DELL PERC H200 Problems

I have just bought 2 DELL PERC H200 cards (1 is 47MVC and the other does not say)

The 47MVC version I have flashed to P20 IT firmware and works fine

The other card will not allow the PC to boot, I have tried 2 ASUS motherboards and a Superemicro X9CSM too.  On all motherboards I have tried all PCIE slots

On the ASUS motherboards a VGA red LED is lit, but the green LED on the card flashs OK.

I have even tried the covering 2 pins with tape trick that is used for H310 cards with no success either.

I am all out of ideas, other than that card is faulty, and would be grateful for assistance.

PS I have another card version 03J8FW in the post to me

Edited by clevoir

I'm interested in the outcome of this.

Never heard of a Dell card doing this. But I experienced the same with a D2607 that I messed with during my first steps

into crossflashing. That time I did some experimenting with a tool that I found and managed to somehow flash the card

and it does exactly the same as your H200 card - blocks the POST on all boards that I tested.

Can you tell if this card is genuine and that nobody has messed with it before you?

Once I have some time, I will try the procedure you linked (I found that myself some time ago).

What date is printed on the H200 heatspreader?

The card was bought from eBay so I don't know it's history or it has been crossflashed previously

However the seller indcateds "This is an auction for the Dell Perc H200 RAID Controller which I have been using in my Dell R710"

Visually the card is identical to the one that works, however the PCB is slightly more dark green.

The heatsink date is 2009.11.02 and I notice that font is different to the working card. The lettering on the working card looks like dot matrix printing, whereas the non working card is a solid font.

I am trying to seek a refund in the first instance with the eBay selling, he is stating the the card is the integrated version (with the black plastic bar) and will only work in DELL servers?

I have removed the bar and installed a bracket to allow it to be used in a normal motherboard.

In searching internet forums, nowhere can I see that the integrated version can't be flashed, and would welcome clarification on this issue

The eBay seller indicated that it worked fine in his DELL server?

He has agreed to a refund subject to him testing it, unfortunately I can't take photos as I have posted in back to him today.

Can the Integrated version be flashed OK, subject to the black plastic bar being removed and a PC bracket being installed? I can't see any posts on the Internet showing it can't be done?

14 hours ago, clevoir said:

Can the Integrated version be flashed OK, subject to the black plastic bar being removed and a PC bracket being installed? I can't see any posts on the Internet showing it can't be done?

I haven't seen any of the integrated version - don't know.

Have you tried the DELL support?

I doubt they will answer you anything about cross-flashing, but you can ask if the adapter will work with their own IT firmware.

Just to complete this thread, the eBay seller refunded my money.

He told me that the integrated version is the one with the black plastic bar at the bottom

I have bought another one of these cards, which flashed to IT firmware fine. Took the black bar off and fited a bracket so it could be fitted into a PCIe slot

However it does say DELL 200I instead of DELL 200A, when scanning it with sas2flash.efi