"cmdStatus: missing csrf_token"

Thanks, itimpi, that makes sense.

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) I do not have System Buttons installed or any other Dynamix addins (at least not that I recall, or show up in the plugins or apps page).

That leaves me with a base system that fails with system errors:

Tower emhttp: error: cmdStop: missing csrf_token

Tower root: error: webGui/include/Boot.php: missing csrf_token

and prevents me from stopping the array or rebooting.

I can't recall if there is a way to reboot with 'extensions off' so I can see if it might be an unsuspected add-on.  I'll look today.

Dennis

15 hours ago, Squid said:

IIRC, Dynamix System Buttons *may* have this particular issue.  It still works, but its just a logging abnormality for it.   May just be a low priority for @bonienl to take care of as I believe he is busy with other important unRaid items.  The only quote quote official way quote quote  of rebooting / stopping / etc is from the Main tab, array operations.

Both "Dynamix System Buttons" and "Dynamix Active Streams" are updated and known issues are fixed :)

Fwiw some plugins can fall out of sync and stop detecting as out of date.
I had the issue myself with the preclear plugin. I've noticed it happen twice with plugins which didn't update correctly were manually URL added ones rather than via CA
Perhaps you could try removing some plugins and re-adding them via CA?

Re SAMBA, there were some significant changes, some users noticing that some changes were needing in the SMB config to work correctly. Not sure if that helps you or not though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, miniwalks said:

Fwiw some plugins can fall out of sync and stop detecting as out of date.

I suspect this is on the right track.  I renamed my plugins folder and rebooted, and the webGUI works as expected.  Just now I restored half the plugins and rebooted to see which is the culprit.  Likely I should just make a list of those I want and install from scratch;  there are things there I don't recognize.

Parenthetically, for those old enough to remember Mac OS 7.5 and earlier, this was an at least annual routine to identify system extension conflicts.  Ah, the bad old days. 

I'll report my findings, but I suspect as you said, it is a non-updated and non-reporting plugin.

Thanks

Dennis

The answer to my issue is a conflict with our friend gfjardim's Unassigned Devices; my copy is dated 2015 and I no longer use it.  Observant UnRaiders will have seen this alert:

I note that some other conflict (not cache_dirs) is causing the slow reboot (i.e. 16 minutes instead of 4).  I might figure that out,  but will next install the plugins I want from scratch... too many go back to 6.0.0...

Thanks for everyone who tried to help. 

Dennis

7 minutes ago, dtempleton said:

The answer to my issue is a conflict with our friend gfjardim's Unassigned Devices; my copy is dated 2015 and I no longer use it.  Observant UnRaiders will have seen this alert:

Out of curiosity, do you have the Fix Common Problems plugin installed?  Wanted to know if I have a bug in there as it is supposed to catch that...

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Have you done this?

I didn't see a response from you on this.

No sir, I think I may have missed that tucked away within the posts.  I've run into another slight issue, having lost electricity (seems to be a trend here lately).  And now running a parity check, as it seems, after this upgrade, unraid isn't turning off my UPS after shutdown.  So, the battery goes dead in the UPS, then finally shuts off, but, turns on when the power comes back on, thus turning on the unraid in the process.  But, one issue at a time I guess.  But for now, I'll have to wait for the parity check to finish.  I did want to respond though, so you know you weren't being ignored (had to wait to respond also due to the electricity outage sorry mate).

1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

Did you mean BIOS instead of UPS?

I'm thinking he did and I have BIOS set to "Last State".  unRAID "Turn off UPS after shutdown" is set to YES.  No settings have changed with either for a long while, but, after upgrading from 6.2.4, unRAID doesn't turn off my UPS.  Now, it IS a CyberPower rather than APC, however, in the past, it's worked fine with APC's API.  But parity check still running (of course, will be a few hours).  I appreciate the replies.

3 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Set it to Off instead.

That way when things come back online you can control when the server comes up and make sure everything is ok.

Rather not. :P  That way when the electric comes back online, the UPS will power up again and the server will come up, hopefully with a clean powerdown (which with the exception of this new issue of the UPS not getting turned off, powerdown's have always been clean).  Otherwise, if I'm away from home, I won't have things available to me until I return.  That would stink.

It's worked for years, not quite sure what the issue is.  I'm beginning to think my system simply doesn't care for 6.3.x for whatever stubborn reason(s).  Though I'm not willing to give up quite yet (it's tempting, but, not yet).

Edited by grandprix
3 minutes ago, grandprix said:

It's worked for years, not quite sure what the issue is. 

The "issue" is that if the server powers back up upon resumption of mains voltage, there may very quickly be another blackout.  If you're unlucky, then the UPS will not have enough juice left to power off the server and do a clean shutdown.   Personally, in my house, during a blackout, I physically unplug everything electronic including the UPS's as the last thing I want is the inevitable surge / quick poweroff of mains frying anything that I actually care about.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Squid said:

The "issue" is that if the server powers back up upon resumption of mains voltage, there may very quickly be another blackout.  If you're unlucky, then the UPS will not have enough juice left to power off the server and do a clean shutdown.   Personally, in my house, during a blackout, I physically unplug everything electronic including the UPS's as the last thing I want is the inevitable surge / quick poweroff of mains frying anything that I actually care about.

You quoted "issue" in such a manner suggesting "issue" was referring to a possible debate of opinion.  Instead "issue" was in reference to unRAID not turning off my UPS as I have it set to do after shutdown.  Just FYI.  I do understand where you're coming from in regards to the up/down of electric, surge, etc. though.  There is good point to it, but, before the CyberPower I have an online APC and a surge protector before it.  Still not immune, I know, but, if things get destroyed through all that, then I think some godly wrath has been taken out on my gear.

3 minutes ago, Squid said:

Sounds to me like you're cascading UPS systems.  That's a big no-no unless the first outputs a true sinewave and not a stepped / estimated sinewave.

It is an SMT1500 and on my oscope it's output is a sinewave, it feeds into a CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD

Ok gang.  Parity check finished and I just got a moment to breathe a few minutes ago.  So I reboot in safe mode, kept watch on the logs, the missing csrf token error did not present itself.  So, I figured that told me, a plugin was the culprit.

I decided to start bottom up in removing plugins, with the first above the last (unRAID OS) being NerdPack.plg (Nerd Tools).  15 minutes later after removal, no error messages.  I don't recall exactly why I ever installed it, for MC I guess?

Should I try to reinstall it fresh now?  I don't suppose it would hurt, in fact, I'm somewhat interested in knowing if the error would return if I did.

One other thing to note.  While poking around, I saw in my "go" file that I had a line in there which was cp'ing (copying) a file for smartdb monitor or something or another.  The remark before it stated it was a "temporary fix until 6.1.x upgrade", needless to say, now being on 6.3.3, I figured I would remark that line out.  But, back to the question regarding the "go" file, so it have -anything- in it?  I also noticed it had a line to load up unmenu which, of course, is, well old.

Doubtful it has anything to do with unRAID not turning off my UPS after clean shutdown of unRAID, but, that is next on my agenda to figure out.  Because I erroneously left it to granted, I do appreciate the assistance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2017 at 2:47 AM, grandprix said:

I don't recall exactly why I ever installed it, for MC I guess?

Midnight Commander is not part of Nerdpack. It has always been builtin to unRAID since at least 4.7

missing csrf is typically an out-of-date plugin.

If you have a power out and you set it to run on UPS too long, then you may discharge the UPS so much that a subsequent power out will make the UPS run down before the timeout for shutdown.