VM manager must be Stopped to change (see Settings)

I am trying to assign an IP to my server through the network settings in the GUI.  When I open it I get a message saying I need to stop the docker service and VM manager to make changes.  I stopped the docker service now it just gives me the message "VM manager must be Stopped to change (see Settings)" so when I try to go into VM manager in settings I get this:

"Your hardware does not have Intel VT-x or AMD-V capability. This is required to create VMs in KVM. Click here to see the unRAID Wiki for more information"

It does not give me any options to do anything so I cannot stop the VM manager which means I cannot edit any settings in the network settings.

I am running 6.3.3

Edited by Bakerking31
13 hours ago, Bakerking31 said:

I am trying to assign an IP to my server through the network settings in the GUI.  When I open it I get a message saying I need to stop the docker service and VM manager to make changes.  I stopped the docker service now it just gives me the message "VM manager must be Stopped to change (see Settings)" so when I try to go into VM manager in settings I get this:

"Your hardware does not have Intel VT-x or AMD-V capability. This is required to create VMs in KVM. Click here to see the unRAID Wiki for more information"

It does not give me any options to do anything so I cannot stop the VM manager which means I cannot edit any settings in the network settings.

I am running 6.3.3

Did you stop the array before you tried to change the IP? 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...
On 20.4.2017 at 09:26, johnnie.black said:

Ihre CPU sollte mindestens vt-x unterstützen, sofern dies im BIOS aktiviert ist.

Eine andere Möglichkeit besteht darin, den VM-Manager zu deaktivieren, indem Sie die Datei domain.cfg auf Ihrem Flash-Gerät (Konfigurationsordner) bearbeiten:

Ändern Sie SERVICE = "enable" in SERVICE = "disable" und führen Sie einen Neustart durch.

wo finde ich denn die domain.cfg  könnte ich einen Pfad bekommen 

On 4/20/2017 at 6:58 PM, Bakerking31 said:

It worked, I feel like an idiot ... thank you.

Don't. The person who wrote the message "VM manager must be Stopped to change (see Settings)" or the Network settings page should. What does your DNS server entry have to do with your drive array?