NVMe CLI utility

Currently testing out unRAID and using an Intel 750 NVMe SSD (which is working well), however one limitation is that the device cannot be properly managed (i.e. firmware updates, low-level partitioning etc) due to the nvme cli utility not being present.

The utility can be found at https://github.com/linux-nvme/nvme-cli and it would be great if it could be included in unRAID in the future (as it would make working with NVMe devices significantly easier).

I know there are other bits around NVMe devices that are needed (i.e. support for reading drive temps, discard triggering etc), however those are different issues for a different day.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...
7 hours ago, Przemek said:

Since NerdPack isn't anymore with us and NerdTools seems to be abandoned what other option are we having to have nvme-cli tool in unraid?

There is a slackware package available on the internet but its 1.11, What are you going to use it for firmware updates?

I do have a 2.6 package if you want to pm. It will be included in 6.13, I hope maybe in 6.12.7.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
15 hours ago, SimonF said:

There is a slackware package available on the internet but its 1.11, What are you going to use it for firmware updates?

I do have a 2.6 package if you want to pm. It will be included in 6.13, I hope maybe in 6.12.7.

Thanks for the information. I am going to use it just for monitoring purpose in Netdata. I'll wait for the official release then.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2023 at 11:14 AM, SimonF said:

I'm also looking for nvme-cli as I have some Intel NVMe SSD's that I need to low level format from 512 to 4k.  Would be nice to have it in unraid by default, or in nerdtools!

But I did find the package online and installed it manually, sure was easy enough... took me longer to find the package than it did to install it.

Edited by samsausages
4 hours ago, samsausages said:

I'm also looking for nvme-cli as I have some Intel NVMe SSD's that I need to low level format from 512 to 4k.  Would be nice to have it in unraid by default, or in nerdtools!

But I did find the package online and installed it manually, sure was easy enough... took me longer to find the package than it did to install it.

it is already in 6.13 I have asked for it to be added to the next 6.12 point release.

• Upvote 1