Everend    0
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the new docker, the previous one I had stopped working. I appreciate the Watch folder and using the info above in this thread, I've got it working with a custom preset.  Thanks

Is there a way to tell Handbrake where to move (not delete) the file out of the Watch folder when its done?  

Edited by Everend

Taddeusz    2
Posted (edited)

I'm trying to use Guacamole to RDP to the HandBrake session but mouse and keyboard don't work. Using the RDP client built into Windows works fine. Am I doing something wrong?

FYI, the Remmina Remote Desktop Client on Ubuntu does the same thing.

Edited by Taddeusz

Taddeusz    2

I notice when I connect using either Guacamole or Remmina the xrdp process begins using 100% CPU of a single one of my 8 cores.

coppit    8
On 6/13/2017 at 2:55 PM, Taddeusz said:

I'm trying to use Guacamole to RDP to the HandBrake session but mouse and keyboard don't work. Using the RDP client built into Windows works fine. Am I doing something wrong?

On 6/13/2017 at 5:36 PM, Taddeusz said:

I notice when I connect using either Guacamole or Remmina the xrdp process begins using 100% CPU of a single one of my 8 cores.

Sounds like these might be related. I don't get this problem at all. What browser are you using? I'm tested with Chrome and Edge on Windows 10.

You might also want to try disabling any plugins you might have.

Taddeusz    2
11 minutes ago, coppit said:

Sounds like these might be related. I don't get this problem at all. What browser are you using? I'm tested with Chrome and Edge on Windows 10.

You might also want to try disabling any plugins you might have.

I'm using Chrome. Not tried Edge. I noticed the same thing happening with my Ubuntu 17.04 VM after the last round of updates. xrdpd was working to connectly but now it tries and then disconnects. The VM then becomes impossible to use and needs a reboot. I've tried removing and reinstalling xrdp but that doesn't help. Not sure why it just all of a sudden stopped working?

Taddeusz    2

Tried with Edge and as I expected I have the same problem. I say expected because since through Guacamole you're always using the same client, guacd.

coppit    8

Yeah, I was thinking that maybe the browser wasn't running some javascript efficiently or something.

Interesting that you're seeing the same problem with a full VM. So it's not docker-specific... How does the system utilization look (CPU, network) on the stats tab of your UI? If network is high, you could try installing and running nethogs. (I use nethogs-0.8.5-x86_64-2_slonly.txz)

The only other thing I could think to try is to disable plugins and other stuff you might be running on the server to see if something fixes it.

Taddeusz    2
1 hour ago, coppit said:

Yeah, I was thinking that maybe the browser wasn't running some javascript efficiently or something.

Interesting that you're seeing the same problem with a full VM. So it's not docker-specific... How does the system utilization look (CPU, network) on the stats tab of your UI? If network is high, you could try installing and running nethogs. (I use nethogs-0.8.5-x86_64-2_slonly.txz)

The only other thing I could think to try is to disable plugins and other stuff you might be running on the server to see if something fixes it.

I figured out the xrdp issue with my Ubuntu VM. It's not related at all.

CPU and network utilization are both fine under normal circumstances. Only when I connect with anything other than the Windows Remote Desktop Client does xrdp max out a single core.

dimitriz    0

Hello,

I am running into something weird with my handbrake.

I installed it sometime last week and it was running great.

Last night I dumped a bunch of files into the Watch directory and it started processing them.

I went on about doing something else and accidentally clicked the Undo shortcut. So the OS moved the files from the Watch directory back to original place.

Took me a min to notice and move them back.

That was all she wrote after that.

No matter what I try I am greeted with:

HandBrake: Configuration error. COMMAND must be defined.

Tried uninstalling Handbrake and reinstalling it, redoing all the config, rebooting the whole server.

Still nothing. :(

HB-LOG.txt

coppit    8
On 7/17/2017 at 7:39 AM, dimitriz said:

HandBrake: Configuration error. COMMAND must be defined.

Can you send me your log?

Also, what is the output of this? Use your container name instead of "HandBrake".

docker exec -it HandBrake ls -l /tmp/HandBrake.conf

That message is coming from the component that monitors the directory for changes. Double-check that COMMAND is defined either in your config file or the env vars of your container.

crasch    0

Handbrake 1.0.7 has been released. I notice the docker is still using 1.0.4. Is there instructions on how to upgrade?

arkestler    0

Is there a way to have the file deleted from the watch folder after completion of the conversion into the output folder?

coppit    8
On 9/6/2017 at 8:00 PM, crasch said:

Handbrake 1.0.7 has been released. I notice the docker is still using 1.0.4. Is there instructions on how to upgrade?

From https://github.com/HandBrake/HandBrake/issues/672:

They [1.0.4 and 1.0.7] are the same on Linux; 1.0.7 fixes some release build/packaging issues on other platforms. @jstebbins didn't push another ppa build because it isn't technically necessary.

On 9/9/2017 at 7:18 PM, arkestler said:

Is there a way to have the file deleted from the watch folder after completion of the conversion into the output folder?

No. I created a feature request for it: https://github.com/coppit/docker-handbrake/issues/2