Need to rejoin domain after reboot

Good day, I have searched for this issue for a while now and have yet to find a solution.  I have a Windows 2012 R2 domain. I am able to join the domain without any issues. Once I join the domain, I have access to my shares and works as intended.  However the minute I reboot the server I lose access to my shares. A quick look indicates that I have not joined the domain!!! Once I rejoin it, again without issues, I have access to my shares.

Any path to a solution or potential solution please feel free to advise.

Thanks.

• 4 months later...

Bump for this one too....constantly having to rejoin my AD Domain.

Also After a complete drive wipe using DBAN overnight (including the flash drive unraid was installed on) then a reinstall I then followed this guide:

http://www.techyv.com/questions/how-keep-unraid-server-active-directory/

Which worked the first time (prior to the wipe) but now doesn't at all.

Just to help others track down the problem I've one user in my AD presently who is part of the Domain Users group, though I tried logging in with Admininstrator as well - didn't help. This is a fresh install of Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard with nothing more than DHCP, DNS and AD installed on it.

The only difference between my first fresh install of Unraid and my second was that I created shares before AD the first time and the second tried to join the AD before starting the Array which ironically was the advice from the above link.

Seems to be broken for now....Insert other media

Edited by Heimdall
extra info
  • 2 months later...

Hi.  I'm in the same boat.  Every reboot kicks Unraid (version 6.3.5) off of my domain.  I rejoin it and everything is fine until the next scheduled reboot.

I'm running a 2012 R2 domain controller that, while virtualized in Hyper-V, is on another machine and is always accessible.

Hope it'll get patched soon.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...