move Docker to different server?

landS

I need to move my Crashplan Docker from TOWER2 to TOWER.

TOWER currently has NO dockers in it. 

Is the best way to do this:  

TOWER2: Go to Settings -> Docker -> Enable Docker, and set to No, then click the Apply button  (this disables Docker support)
Move from TOWER2 to TOWER: Using mc or any file manager or the command line, move docker.img to the desired location (/mnt/cache/docker.img is recommended)
TOWER1:   In Settings -> Docker, change the path for Docker image to the exact location you just copied to (likely no change is needed if copied to the same location on TOWER)
TOWER1:  Now set Enable Docker to Yes, and click the Apply button again  (re-enabling Docker support)

The Why:  

Step 1 - SSH as root into Tower2 and give Crashplan Docker Config nobody read/write

cd /mnt/user/appdata  
chown -R 999:users CrashPlan
chmod -R 777 CrashPlan

Step 2 - Install Krusader docker, and mount Tower2 and Tower1 Appdata & docker image locations on left and right panes respectively.

Copy over Appdata/Crashplan

Copy over Docker/Image

Step 3 - enable docker

Config moved over... however icons are gone and webgui does not autolaunch

Manually typing into a browser... and all looks good!

http://[TowerIP]:4280/vnc.html?autoconnect=true&host=[TowerIP]&port=4280

Edited by landS

Step 4 --- after CrashPlan is happy with the 'syncronizing block info'... going to have to 

1 - disable the docker, delete the docker image, and re-enable it as I have a warning about needing to do so or risk corruption

2 - will need to re-download CrashPlan docker... hope that this goes smoothly

3 - will need to re-increase the CP memory allocation

4 - will need to re-enable autostart

lets also hope that I get the ability to easily launch the web-gui from within the docker icon... and that the icon itself returns!

Edited by landS

You are right DZMM... the initial copied Appdata & Docker.IMG ended up requiring a 9 day sync... so I killed the docker image and added it back with the same mappings /settings.   No login was needed to Crashplan, so the appdata folder was adequate.   I checked online and the older data was NOT killed, so that makes me happy :)