Is there an updated/current list of what plugins etc to use with unRaid 6?

MrCrispy

From what I read, things like unMenu, Dynamix etc are now integrated in v6 but they are still the top threads. There's the old and newer preclear script. There used to be a thread about a new modern web UI but I can't find it anymore. 

What is the current best set of addons with a fresh install of latest unRaid?

• Upvote 1

I know about that of course. But e.g. unMenu is still listed but it won't be obvious that it doesnt work in v6, even though some of its features like MyMain have no equivalent. There are other plugins etc like that too.

For a new user its still extremely confusing to figure out what to use.

2 hours ago, MrCrispy said:

I know about that of course. But e.g. unMenu is still listed but it won't be obvious that it doesnt work in v6, even though some of its features like MyMain have no equivalent. There are other plugins etc like that too.

For a new user its still extremely confusing to figure out what to use.

unMenu is most definitely NOT in CA.  CA adjusts itself and the apps that it displays based upon what version of unRaid you are running. 

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, trurl said:

By what measure are they the top threads? Just trying to figure out where the confusion is.

It is a sticky thread in the 'User Customizations' forum. I'm just saying maybe that forum should be separated into v5/6 or make it clear? 

Also Squid didn't mean to imply that was in CA.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Squid said:

No worries...

But, you are right.  unMenu should get unstickied asap as it can be confusing....

Looking at what is stickied in User Customizations, I wonder if it wouldn't make more sense to just move the entire subforum to Legacy Support. Not something us mods could do though. I will put the idea in Forum Feedback and see what others think.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

There is another suggestion regarding unMenu - that is it was a "requirement" for setting up a database for Kodi in the past (you know, before Docker). That guide still pops up if you do a search.  It's hard to tell if you just need Kodi-Headless docker now or one of the other 2-3 similar Dockers...what is the difference (if any)? It's also hard to tell if Kodi-Headless installs the Database or not. There's not anything about why you would pick one over another one that I could find easily.  You have to go to the linked support page and read, read, read - (but thanks to the Community Apps plugin - that's easy to get to). (I admit some of the other Dockers state they are all-in-one and some don't and that confuses me, but I am easily confused.)

Ok...I'll shut up again...I know it's because unRaid has such a rich heritage and such incredible supporting authors...but it's kind of hard to tell what to install, what's deprecated, etc.. Maybe we could get some kind of "vote up/down" on the apps to help guide decisions? Lots of Up votes means go fer it!

Seriously...I'm shutting up now..Really. No more kiddin' ::)

Edited by Unqualified Spectator