[Support] Ninthwalker - NowShowing

On 10/7/2017 at 4:57 AM, mysterio0 said:

I can't get it to work as I keep getting the "Invalid plex.tv credentials" error at startup.

As far as I can tell the setup is accurate: Pic here

Nothing except the credentials error in the log after initial startup: Pic here

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Try using the PLEX_TOKEN option in the advanced settings and see if that works. You'll want to remove your plex username/password when using this method

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/204059436-Finding-an-authentication-token-X-Plex-Token

Edited by GroxyPod
7 hours ago, GroxyPod said:

Try using the PLEX_TOKEN option in the advanced settings and see if that works. You'll want to remove your plex username/password when using this method

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/204059436-Finding-an-authentication-token-X-Plex-Token

I was seeing the same in my logs and looks like this fixed the invalid credentials error but the docker still isn't working. Looks like no emails are being sent. Web page didn't update either.  I did add some new emails to my recipients this week. Maybe i screwed something up there.

advanced yaml.txt

NowShowing log.txt

More details-

If I run a test from CLI with -t option the email is sent.

Running a combined report I get this-

root@Brunnhilde:~# docker exec nowshowing combinedreport -v
/var/lib/nowshowing/mailReport.rb:60:in `sendMail': undefined method `each' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
	from /usr/local/sbin/combinedreport:386:in `main'
	from /usr/local/sbin/combinedreport:394:in `<main>'
root@Brunnhilde:~# 

verbosenowshowinglog.txt

1 hour ago, wgstarks said:

Tried reverting advanced.yaml to previous working version but still get the same error when running combinedreport. Everything was working fine up until about a week ago. Not sure what else to try.

Has something changed within Plex recently then?

Did you create any new Libraries or have an empty one by chance?

Anything like that? Thanks.

Been doing more testing. It appears that this error is somehow related to sending multiple emails maybe??? Everything works as expected as long as NowShowing is in test mode. If I disable test mode I get the error. Or maybe there is some other difference? I've attached my current advanced.yaml file but I have tried about every option there I can think of. The only one that didn't produce an error was test mode, but of course I can't add more recipients in test mode.

I'm open to any ideas.

advanced.yaml.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Still not ready to give up on this docker. Tried installing a fresh version of the docker. Also added friends to my plex account. The errors have changed slightly.

root@Brunnhilde:~# docker exec nowshowing emailreport -vvv
/var/lib/nowshowing/mailReport.rb:61:in `[]': no implicit conversion of String into Integer (TypeError)
	from /var/lib/nowshowing/mailReport.rb:61:in `block in sendMail'
	from /var/lib/nowshowing/mailReport.rb:60:in `each'
	from /var/lib/nowshowing/mailReport.rb:60:in `sendMail'
	from /usr/local/sbin/emailreport:385:in `main'
	from /usr/local/sbin/emailreport:389:in `<main>'

Once again everything works if I use the -t option, but of course the only email that gets sent is PLEX_USER.

advanced.yaml.txt

nowshowing.log.zip

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2017 at 3:01 PM, wgstarks said:

Still not ready to give up on this docker. Tried installing a fresh version of the docker. Also added friends to my plex account. The errors have changed slightly.

/var/lib/nowshowing/mailReport.rb:61:in `[]': no implicit conversion of String into Integer (TypeError)

Once again everything works if I use the -t option, but of course the only email that gets sent is PLEX_USER.

advanced.yaml.txt

nowshowing.log.zip

Been busy these days, sorry I haven't replied in a while.

If it still isn't working for you, here is something to test:

1 - If you have a couple emails you have access to, add them to the recipients_email: ['[email protected]', '[email protected]', [email protected]'] in the advanced.conf.

2 - Then change the plex_user_emails: to 'no'.

3 - Restart the docker

4 - then at the command line run: docker exec NowShowing emailreport

I'm wondering if you also get an error if you don't send to plex user emails and only send to manually entered emails.

Thanks.

15 minutes ago, ninthwalker said:

Been busy these days, sorry I haven't replied in a while.

If it still isn't working for you, here is something to test:

No problem. appreciate the help.

advanced.yaml-

email:
  title: 'New This Week'
  image: 'http://i.imgur.com/LNTSbFl.png'
  footer: 'Thanks for watching!'
  language: 'en'
web:
  title_image: 'img/nowshowing.png'
  logo: 'img/logo.png'
  headline_title: 'Just added:'
  headliners: 'Laughs, Screams, Thrills, Entertainment'
plex:
  plex_user_emails: 'no'
mail:
  subject: 'Now Showing'
  recipients_email: ['[email protected]','[email protected]','[email protected]']
  recipients: ['PLEX_USER']
report:
  interval: 7
  report_type: 'both'
  email_report_time: '10 8 * * 0'
  web_report_time: '5 18 * * *'
  extra_details: 'no'
  test: 'disable'

nowshowing.log.zip

@wgstarks

Alright, here is another idea.

Put the advanced config back to how it was. One email in the recipients_email and plex_user_emails set to 'yes' again.

Now create a couple plex accounts with those extra emails or some other fake emails (gmail works nice for this with the [email protected] trick).

Invite those users to your plex so that you have like 3 'friends' at least, Now run the report again. I think it may be due to the number of friends in plex and the code not parsing it correctly when there is a very low amount.

11 hours ago, ninthwalker said:

@wgstarks

Alright, here is another idea.

Put the advanced config back to how it was. One email in the recipients_email and plex_user_emails set to 'yes' again.

Now create a couple plex accounts with those extra emails or some other fake emails (gmail works nice for this with the [email protected] trick).

Invite those users to your plex so that you have like 3 'friends' at least, Now run the report again. I think it may be due to the number of friends in plex and the code not parsing it correctly when there is a very low amount.

Alright. Progress. Adding new friends worked. Now I get lots of emails. Can't turn them off though. Setting plex_user_emails=no doesn't seem to have any effect. Am I missing something. My goal is to send emails to PLEX_USER (myself) and recipients_email.

---
email:
  title: 'New This Week'
  image: 'http://i.imgur.com/LNTSbFl.png'
web:
  title_image: 'img/nowshowing.png'
  logo: 'img/logo.png'
  headline_title: 'Just added:'
  headliners: 'Laughs, Screams, Thrills, Entertainment'
plex:
  plex_user_emails: 'no'
mail:
  subject: 'Now Showing'
  recipients_email: ['[email protected]']
  recipients: ['PLEX_USER']
report:
  email_report_time: '10 8 * * 0'
  web_report_time: '5 18 * * *'

I am also still seeing an error in the log (not on cli though)-

I, [2017-11-04T07:43:23.299758 #806]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
E, [2017-11-04T07:43:28.580590 #806] ERROR -- : Something failed.  If you are seeing this, please turn on debugging and open an issue.
I, [2017-11-04T07:43:28.838743 #806]  INFO -- : Reporting The Good Doctor Season ["1"]
I, [2017-11-04T07:43:28.855772 #806]  INFO -- : Reporting The Good Doctor Season 1 Episode 6
I, [2017-11-04T07:43:29.429323 #806]  INFO -- : Reporting Outlander Season 3 Episode 7
I, [2017-11-04T07:43:30.412129 #806]  INFO -- : Reporting Star Trek: Discovery Season 1 Episode 7
I, [2017-11-04T07:44:24.204630 #806]  INFO -- : Script complete.  Ran in 60.905840231 seconds

full_debug_nowshowing.log.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Could anybody give me a hand here. When I try to send an email report, it takes a long time >3 min. When it does finally send, I get the follow error:

/usr/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/mail-2.6.3/lib/mail/check_delivery_params.rb:9:in `check_delivery_params': An SMTP To address is required to send a message. Set the message smtp_envelope_to, to, cc, or bcc address. (ArgumentError)
    from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/mail-2.6.3/lib/mail/network/delivery_methods/smtp.rb:98:in `deliver!'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/mail-2.6.3/lib/mail/message.rb:252:in `deliver!'
    from /var/lib/nowshowing/mailReport.rb:98:in `block in sendMail'
    from /var/lib/nowshowing/mailReport.rb:89:in `each'
    from /var/lib/nowshowing/mailReport.rb:89:in `sendMail'

Was working perfectly for months, this just started last week. 

On 11/4/2017 at 5:02 AM, wgstarks said:

Alright. Progress. Adding new friends worked. Now I get lots of emails. Can't turn them off though. Setting plex_user_emails=no doesn't seem to have any effect. Am I missing something. My goal is to send emails to PLEX_USER (myself) and recipients_email.

I am also still seeing an error in the log (not on cli though)-

I, [2017-11-04T07:43:23.299758 #806]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
E, [2017-11-04T07:43:28.580590 #806] ERROR -- : Something failed.  If you are seeing this, please turn on debugging and open an issue.
I, [2017-11-04T07:43:28.838743 #806]  INFO -- : Reporting The Good Doctor Season ["1"]
I, [2017-11-04T07:43:28.855772 #806]  INFO -- : Reporting The Good Doctor Season 1 Episode 6
I, [2017-11-04T07:43:29.429323 #806]  INFO -- : Reporting Outlander Season 3 Episode 7
I, [2017-11-04T07:43:30.412129 #806]  INFO -- : Reporting Star Trek: Discovery Season 1 Episode 7
I, [2017-11-04T07:44:24.204630 #806]  INFO -- : Script complete.  Ran in 60.905840231 seconds

@wgstarks

Your config looks correct for it to not send to plex users, and only to yourself and that one rr.com email.

You are saying you get emails to the plex user emails as well as your own as well as the rr.com one?

Is this letting it run from cron or by trying to manually run it on command line? If you are trying to run it manually on the command line you need to add the -n switch as well.

As for the error in the log with 'something failed' you will get that occasionally. As long as it continues to report on the rest of the show's it is fine.

Sometimes it has an issue correctly matching a certain episode or something to themoviedb/tvdb.

14 minutes ago, ninthwalker said:

Your config looks correct for it to not send to plex users, and only to yourself and that one rr.com email.

You are saying you get emails to the plex user emails as well as your own as well as the rr.com one?

Is this letting it run from cron or by trying to manually run it on command line? If you are trying to run it manually on the command line you need to add the -n switch as well.

Yes. It’s sending emails to plex_user, recipients and friends even though friends should be disabled. This is with the cron automated schedule. Not really a big deal for me. All the friends are just fake gmail accounts so I just set a spam filter in gmail. Wanted you to know about it though. If you need me to do some testing I’ll be glad to.

4 hours ago, bpage said:

Could anybody give me a hand here. When I try to send an email report, it takes a long time >3 min. When it does finally send, I get the follow error:

/usr/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/mail-2.6.3/lib/mail/check_delivery_params.rb:9:in `check_delivery_params': An SMTP To address is required to send a message. Set the message smtp_envelope_to, to, cc, or bcc address. (ArgumentError)
    from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/mail-2.6.3/lib/mail/network/delivery_methods/smtp.rb:98:in `deliver!'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/mail-2.6.3/lib/mail/message.rb:252:in `deliver!'
    from /var/lib/nowshowing/mailReport.rb:98:in `block in sendMail'
    from /var/lib/nowshowing/mailReport.rb:89:in `each'
    from /var/lib/nowshowing/mailReport.rb:89:in `sendMail'

Was working perfectly for months, this just started last week. 

Have you changed your email or any settings recently?

Can you post your config file [edit out emails/pii if you want first]

Reported the issue on your GutHub (https://github.com/ninthwalker/NowShowing/issues/43), but wanted to post here as well as it seems you're very responsive here. NowShowing encounters a 404 looking for Marvel's The Punisher and just continuously retries:

Seems that NowShowing doesn't handle 404 errors from theTVDB very well:

D, [2017-11-18T15:21:38.394907 #70] DEBUG -- : Response from thetvdb for query series/329367/all/en.xml: Code: 404.
E, [2017-11-18T15:21:38.395176 #70] ERROR -- : Could not connect to thetvdb.com. Will retry in 30 seconds
D, [2017-11-18T15:22:08.395416 #70] DEBUG -- : Retry attempt: 1 for query series/329367/all/en.xml
D, [2017-11-18T15:22:08.811694 #70] DEBUG -- : Response from thetvdb for query series/329367/all/en.xml: Code: 404.
E, [2017-11-18T15:22:08.811903 #70] ERROR -- : Could not connect to thetvdb.com. Will retry in 30 seconds
D, [2017-11-18T15:22:38.812429 #70] DEBUG -- : Retry attempt: 2 for query series/329367/all/en.xml
D, [2017-11-18T15:22:39.130871 #70] DEBUG -- : Response from thetvdb for query series/329367/all/en.xml: Code: 404.
E, [2017-11-18T15:22:39.131184 #70] ERROR -- : Could not connect to thetvdb.com. Will retry in 30 seconds

It's looking for Marvel's The Punisher w/ seriesID 329367, which is wrong. The correct ID is 331980. Not sure whether it gets the ID from Plex, which would be weird because Plex has all the right metadata, or just from a search, but it shouldn't just repeatedly fail on a 404. It should retry X times and then move on.

• 2 weeks later...

My cronjob seems to have stopped halfway through last month and I can't work out why. It will send if I manually run it, just doesn't seem to be kicking off the cron job. Any ideas?

docker exec nowshowing crontab -l

30 23 * * * webreport &> /dev/null
30 10 * * 5 emailreport &> /dev/null

and the snippet from advanced.yaml

report:
  email_report_time: '30 10 * * 5'
  web_report_time: '30 23 * * *'

On 11/18/2017 at 12:34 PM, tronyx said:

Reported the issue on your GutHub (https://github.com/ninthwalker/NowShowing/issues/43), but wanted to post here as well as it seems you're very responsive here. NowShowing encounters a 404 looking for Marvel's The Punisher and just continuously retries:

Seems that NowShowing doesn't handle 404 errors from theTVDB very well:

D, [2017-11-18T15:21:38.394907 #70] DEBUG -- : Response from thetvdb for query series/329367/all/en.xml: Code: 404.
E, [2017-11-18T15:21:38.395176 #70] ERROR -- : Could not connect to thetvdb.com. Will retry in 30 seconds
D, [2017-11-18T15:22:08.395416 #70] DEBUG -- : Retry attempt: 1 for query series/329367/all/en.xml
D, [2017-11-18T15:22:08.811694 #70] DEBUG -- : Response from thetvdb for query series/329367/all/en.xml: Code: 404.
E, [2017-11-18T15:22:08.811903 #70] ERROR -- : Could not connect to thetvdb.com. Will retry in 30 seconds
D, [2017-11-18T15:22:38.812429 #70] DEBUG -- : Retry attempt: 2 for query series/329367/all/en.xml
D, [2017-11-18T15:22:39.130871 #70] DEBUG -- : Response from thetvdb for query series/329367/all/en.xml: Code: 404.
E, [2017-11-18T15:22:39.131184 #70] ERROR -- : Could not connect to thetvdb.com. Will retry in 30 seconds

It's looking for Marvel's The Punisher w/ seriesID 329367, which is wrong. The correct ID is 331980. Not sure whether it gets the ID from Plex, which would be weird because Plex has all the right metadata, or just from a search, but it shouldn't just repeatedly fail on a 404. It should retry X times and then move on.

Thanks for the debug.

The code is suppose to try 3x and then move on.

I'll have to take a look to see why that isn't working as expected.

Thanks.

13 hours ago, Wob76 said:

My cronjob seems to have stopped halfway through last month and I can't work out why. It will send if I manually run it, just doesn't seem to be kicking off the cron job. Any ideas?

docker exec nowshowing crontab -l

30 23 * * * webreport &> /dev/null
30 10 * * 5 emailreport &> /dev/null

and the snippet from advanced.yaml

report:
  email_report_time: '30 10 * * 5'
  web_report_time: '30 23 * * *'

A couple things to check maybe:

docker exec nowshowing date

That should match unraid's date/time.

What does your docker settings template page look like in unRaid?

erase/fake the personal info if you need.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I got a little distracted from this. I had to do a few things on my NAS, it had a few reboots etc, and this started working again, well at least on the last scheduled run, I'll report back if it stops again.

At least at the moment both dates of the container and the host match.

Thanks,

Wob

• 2 weeks later...