Krusader Question

2 hours ago, crowdx42 said:

So simple question, if I start to copy files using Krusader and I close the window with Krusader, will it continue to copy or does it terminate the copy when the Krusader window is closed?

I use Dolphin, which suffers from the same problem.  If Krusader is anything like Dolphin, (and I expect it is) the copy / whatever operation you started will continue if you inadvertently close the window.  Easy way to test is to copy a large file from one share to another, close the window, then wait until disk activity ceases and see if the file exists in the other share.

Unfortunately, there is zero way to get that window back (due to running a desktop app without a full desktop.

The OP is ambiguous in their question, so there are two different scenarios to talk about.

1. What @Squid said. When you close the file progress child window, there is no way to monitor the progress of the transfer. It will continue unless you stop the docker.

2. If the OP meant closing the entire browser tab and opening it back up later, then there is no interruption, and everything will continue just as you left it, progress window included, when you reconnect to the webui. Same as 1 though, if you stop the docker, all operations will be aborted.

Ok good to know that in Krusader if you close the window the pending operations will continue.

I used to do it in terminal "mc" but when I closed terminal window all the process stoped also. I had to install screen from nerd tools.

I think that from now I will use krusader, and more after the excellent videotutorial spaceinvaderone published. Take a look at it for some tip & tricks !!!

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk Pro
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, dalben said:

How do you select files/directories in this Krusader docker via the keyboard/mouse?  I know there must be an easy way but I'm lost and can't work it out.

Same way as Windows.  Click once to select.  To select multiple, hold down CTRL while clicking.  To select a range, click on top selection, then click on bottom selection while holding shift

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Same way as Windows.  Click once to select.  To select multiple, hold down CTRL while clicking.  To select a range, click on top selection, then click on bottom selection while holding shift

yeah, that's the first thing I tried.  I'll have to deep dive into the settings to see if I turned it off.

But thanks to the beauty of Dockers, I installed Dolphin to get around my problem...

On 6/25/2017 at 7:11 PM, Squid said:

On 6/25/2017 at 10:06 PM, dalben said:

yeah, that's the first thing I tried.  I'll have to deep dive into the settings to see if I turned it off.

But thanks to the beauty of Dockers, I installed Dolphin to get around my problem...

OK.  Worked it out.  I had Krusader running in Extra Tab plugin.  That stropped the CTRL click.  Now that I've launched Krusader on it's own, it all works fine.  Basic sill error on my part

On 6/27/2017 at 9:24 AM, dalben said:

OK.  Worked it out.  I had Krusader running in Extra Tab plugin.  That stropped the CTRL click.  Now that I've launched Krusader on it's own, it all works fine.  Basic sill error on my part

Strange though.  But you are correct.  Some weird little side effect of running within an iframe instead of as a full tab.

• 1 month later...

Krusader cant handle subdirectory. Have 6 TB Backup on a USB-disk to copy and Krusader copy to fast. Only four five files in each folder. Same with Midnight Commander but more files was moved. I went back with the 6 TB USB disk in Windows and sync over network with SyncBack. 400 000 small files - Krusader and MC don´t copy - takes time. But now only 86 000 left and speed is 0,10 Mbps with small files over my GB Network.

syncback.jpg

Edited by stormense
  • 7 months later...
On 4/9/2017 at 6:10 PM, jonathanm said:

1. What @Squid said. When you close the file progress child window, there is no way to monitor the progress of the transfer. It will continue unless you stop the docker.

one way to solve this annoyance is to use the Queue Manager; use F2 - Queue, when performing long duration actions.

• 4 weeks later...

To get the Krusader "transfer progress window" back, it's explained somewhere in these forums, it's easy.

Click anywhere in the Krusader window. Then hold the SHIFT-ALT-CTRL down at the same time. A large side menu will pop-up. Choose the button "on screen keyboard". Using the Large "on screen keyboard" that pops up. Click on ALT then TAB to scroll thru any "transfer progress windows" that have been hidden. When you highlight the "transfer window" that you want to appear. On your REAL keyboard hold the SHIFT-ALT-CTRL down at the same time again. Choose the "none" option on "text input" method, and your back to seeing the "transfer progress window" that you've chosen.  You can do this multiple times if you have  a "queue" and "do not close when done" transfer windows that you want to bring forward.

Good Luck all !!

• Thanks 1