New(ish) Acestream Dockers - Anyone get them working?

I've been trying to get AceStream working on my Unraid box for a while now.  I know there is a SparklyBalls container, but it was based off a 3 year old version of the software designed to work with one Russian hosting site which required a paid subscription.  

I tinkered with it quite a bit, but could never get it to work for my own AceStream IDs that weren't hosted by the Russian site (which could very well be my fault).

I was recently checking if there had been any updates and I'd found this more recent AceStream docker as well as this post from November for a different AceStream docker that someone was using on a Raspberry Pi.  

I don't have a lot of experience installing Dockers other than using the templates and I was wondering if anyone had gotten any form of AceStream to work well for them?

Thanks

In case anyone finds this topic looking for the same info I was looking for, I've finally gotten SparklyBalls' Acestream template working.  After installing it, I simply ignored the playlist file and instead accessed it via URL, using the path: 

http://(UNRAID_IP_ADDRESS):8000/pid/(ACESTREAM_STREAM_ID)/stream.mp4

Of course, replacing (UNRAID_IP_ADDRESS) with my actual unraid box ip address, and replacing (ACESTREAM_STREAM_ID) with the AceStream ID number that I wanted to view.  I threw that address into VLC using the "Open Network..." menu option and it worked!   Still unsure how to fiddle with setting (such as buffer length), but I'm happy that it's working.  

• Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...
5 hours ago, jmbrnt said:

Legend! You solved my problem, I wanted to watch another stream and did the same as you - I was missing /pid/ from my URL. Brilliant.

Now all we need is Binhex to build us a version with inbuilt VPN (like his deluge-vpn dockers). 

Happy to help.  A VPN'd version would be fantastic.  Does Binhex take requests?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...