[6.3.x] Losing Shares

Description: Randomly, my user shares will completely disappear from unraid. Leaving all of my machines (connecting via NFS) unable to access any of the data. The shares do return if I stop the array and reboot unraid. 

How to reproduce: No idea how this is happening. I do have a log file attached from right when the incident occurred. (unraid_log_04072017.txt) It shows some warning/nfsd error.

Expected results: Shares don't go missing...

Actual results: Shares go missing...

Other information: This issue has happened on every version of unraid 6.3.x I believe. It sometimes takes days for it to happen.

Hardware:

unRAID system:    unRAID server Pro, version 6.3.3
Motherboard:    ASRock - FM2A88X Extreme6+
Processor:    AMD A10-7850K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G @ 3.7 GHz

Memory: G. SKILL DDR3 8GB (2x4GB)

18 disks in array

2 parity disks (dual parity)

No sync errors on last parity check a week ago.

unraid_log_04072017.txt

Edited by Drewster727

You need to provide full diagnostics when this happens for others to be able to help you.  A log snippet is rarely of use.   You can get this via Tools->Diagnostics in the GUI or by typing 'diagnostics' at the the command line.

my first guess would be that the drives are dropping offline for some reason (power, cabling etc).   Access to the diagnostics would allow for a more informed guess as to whether this is really the case or something else is a more likely culprit.

Well, at least you did try to follow the format for a Defect Report, but since the actual contents in that format aren't at all helpful, and it isn't happening to others, I would say it is likely a defect with your system and not a defect with the software.

Moving this to General Support.

@itimpi @trurl hey guys, it happened again. It has happened a couple times today, but I was able to snag a diagnostics the most recent time. See attached.

The whole server goes somewhat unresponsive for a bit of time, it did eventually come back tho. Shares went missing and all my servers were hanging trying to connect via NFS. I think it happened right at about 22:27 timeframe

tower-diagnostics-20170408-2232.zip

shares.png

Edited by Drewster727

Reformatted cache as xfs. I also had nic bonding enabled and working for over a year now, but I jumped into the network settings today and noticed it was complaining about eth0 not being connected. Swapped the cables for eth0 and eth1, then it said eth1 wasn't detected. soooo perhaps faulty nic. I disabled bonding and am just using the good nic. We'll see what happens now...

Edited by Drewster727