Delay before "edited" appears

Most forums I use have a built-in 1 minute delay after you post a post, where if you edit it right after posting, it doesn't show that it has been edited. I'll often make a post, post it, then see a typo that I want to fix after it goes live. It would be nice if I could go back in and edit it right away and not have it say 'edited' :)

This isn't a big deal by any means, but it would be nice to have :D.

• 2 months later...

I'll try it! I think I am the #1 editor of my own posts! I use a "keyboard" called swype on my phone makes me quite fast, and it does a good job a lot of the time, but when it misses, it is quite likely to pick a totally different word with no relevance whatsoever. It is just a similar finger pattern when dragging my finger over the keyboard. So not only are the typos slightly annoying until you realize the intent (pasta to paste), they are often completely unintelligible (pizza to lisa). I don't think the forum members see the fact that posts are edited, but the mods do. And I expect I am on their degenerate speller list! 

I recently posed in another forum and later realized how I had butchered it. Someone kindly responded giving advice for a non-English speaker. :D