Error: Call Traces found on your server

Hi everyone. I just upgraded my server to version 6.3.3 and now I'm seeing an error message I've never seen before. It shows up as "Error: Call Traces found on your server". It has something to do with the Linux kernel? It's showing up at 21:09:58 in my log and then informed me again at 04:40:14.

The Fix Common Problems app said that I should post the log to the unRAID forums, so here I am! :)

I haven't noticed any odd behavior yet - the server seems to be running OK - but the error still bothers me. Why would this be happening?

tower-syslog-20170401-0914.zip

tower-diagnostics-20170401-0914.zip

I *think* the trace is mostly harmless.  Mostly a warning that an attempt to allocate some memory took way longer than it should have (~12 seconds).  Cause could be very high CPU usage at the time, very little available memory at the time in one contiguous chunk.

4 hours ago, Gico said:

My hardware is currently an overkill (CPU & memory wise),

and I get an occasional trace calls (also) on night time when no docker is being used or should be doing any task, I have no VMs,

so I think most of these trace call are due to this Kernel bug. Also explaind here.

The 'Tips and Tweaks' plugin will allow you to adjust two of those three values in the 'Tweaks' tab if you want to see if that will eliminate the problem.  The 'Help' page works for Tips and Tweaks and will provide additional insight.

• Upvote 1

Thanks! I didn't search for a solution because I considered it a bold move for a linux newbie like me, when I have seen no unRAID user that tried it.

So far after 6.3.3 upgrade I have no trace calls, but if they appear again (and probably will) I will try this plugin,

and if so, I will update this thread from my experience.