Seagate 8TB $179.99 Amazon Gold Box

Marc G

I think this is the cheapest storage we've ever seen. I too have bought several of these external case versions and they have all precleared perfectly.

This type of rapid price reductions tend to preceed models being phased out. We'll see.

4 minutes ago, c3 said:

What model/version are you finding inside?

ST8000AS0002

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, bjp999 said:

I think this is the cheapest storage we've ever seen. I too have bought several of these external case versions and they have all precleared perfectly.

This type of rapid price reductions tend to preceed models being phased out. We'll see.

ST8000AS0002

I have no problem with phasing them out at long as I can get my share first at this price.

SHIPS TO CANADA!!

Looks like this ships North of the border as well. According to Amazon, it's roughly CDN$285 INCLUDING tax, import, shipping. That works out to around CDN$250 before tax, which is pretty darn cheap...

Are we sure this doesn't have one of those new fangled usb-controller onboard drives inside?

Thanks for the heads up!

[EDIT] After posting that, just for kicks, I checked amazon.ca, and they have it for $260... For an extra $10, might be worth buying from them and avoiding the cross border stuff...

Edited by DoeBoye

There was a very long and involved thread when they were first released and the drives even in parity service on unRaid were quite good.  We just need to be certain that there hasn't been any new information that invalidates this.  I will be grabbing a few for testing...  Goodby 3tb drives....

B&H is still at 189?  Amazon collects 9% tax from me.  Let's see if B&H matches...

Edited by tr0910
On 4/1/2017 at 0:25 AM, tr0910 said:

The Sabbath had already started. I couldn't reach them. They take these things seriously.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Well - B&H credited back the difference between my purchase price and the current price. I asked about matching the Amazon price, but the Amazon price was already back up to $189!