ECC is not only enabled on Ryzen, but it works! ...Sort of.

Hey, so I hope you don't find this too self-promotional, but I did write my article with people who build DIY NAS/VM boxes in mind.

Basically, I didn't find confirmations that ECC was enabled on Ryzen to be sufficient, so I actually tested to see if the feature was actually functional.

I kind of spoiled the ending in my title here, but if you're interested this is my article: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...ws/75030-ecc-memory-amds-ryzen-deep-dive.html

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Patrick_M said:

Hey, so I hope you don't find this too self-promotional, but I did write my article with people who build DIY NAS/VM boxes in mind.

Basically, I didn't find confirmations that ECC was enabled on Ryzen to be sufficient, so I actually tested to see if the feature was actually functional.

I kind of spoiled the ending in my title here, but if you're interested this is my article: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...ws/75030-ecc-memory-amds-ryzen-deep-dive.html

Instead of linking to a site that has a bunch of ads, how about just posting the information here for us to read? This isn't a social media site, it's a support forum for unraid.

52 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Instead of linking to a site that has a bunch of ads, how about just posting the information here for us to read? This isn't a social media site, it's a support forum for unraid.

lol, three banner ads? Glad to see that you appreciate the work.

Should I have posted the five pages of text and 30-odd images?

There's an incredible amount of interest in ECC on this forum, I figured that people would want to know how this new AMD platform handles ECC errors.

Thank you for your interest.

Edited by Patrick_M

Thanks for the article! I know interest in the Ryzen platform is growing on these forums. Even though the platform doesn't appear to be 100% trustworthy yet with UnRaid, there's definitely a few adventurous sorts trying it out already, and with more users sure to come, I'm confident it will become a stable and popular platform... especially if it supports ecc ram as well!

More grist for the mill!!