Ryzen build

Hey everyone kinda new to unraid and I'm looking at making a new build to use it. I'm living in a house with several other people next year and we all like to game but don't have access to nice gaming systems. So my plan is to take a ryzen CPU and separate it into 2 windows systems for gaming.

The build im looking at is something like this 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MpY8sJ

What i want to do is have the "main" system will have the 

4 cores 8 threads, 8gb of ram, and the rx 470 as video card

the secondary system will have

2 cores 4 threads 8gb of ram and the gtx 750 ti.

Everything that has purchased next to it is stuff i have already bought or acquired over the last year or 2 through craigslist or buying and selling from friends. 

So question time, 

1. Is this system look beefy enough for what im doing? should i upgrade to 32gb of ram so i could dump 24gb to main system and 8gb to the second?

2. Watching videos about unraid I see alot of people recommending a raid 0 of 2 drives for the boot drive, is this necessary if im not to worried about boot times? or could I install one OS on 1 ssd and 1 on another different one (i have a spare 120gb crucial drive that im not doing anything with right now). 

3. Im very new to this, is there anything that I should know that isnt included in the tutorials?

1 hour ago, hadesfriend said:

1. Is this system look beefy enough for what im doing? should i upgrade to 32gb of ram so i could dump 24gb to main system and 8gb to the second?

You should really check out the Ryzen thread. before doing anything.  There's still some outstanding issues.

2. Watching videos about unraid I see alot of people recommending a raid 0 of 2 drives for the boot drive, is this necessary if im not to worried about boot times? or could I install one OS on 1 ssd and 1 on another different one (i have a spare 120gb crucial drive that im not doing anything with right now). 

unRaid boots off of a flash drive for the OS, and speed is of zero importance there.  What you're thinking about is the cache drive which is where the VMs and other applications run from.  The default setting is a RAID-1 (mirrored), but it can be set to RAID-0 if you want as fast as possible.  Pure speed isn't at the top of my priority list, but it may be higher for you because of the fact you want gaming.

3. Im very new to this, is there anything that I should know that isnt included in the tutorials?

All of @gridrunner's videos are excellent, as is unRaid's documentation.  The wiki is improving all the time but the forum here is the absolute best you'll ever run across.

Edited by Squid
39 minutes ago, Squid said:

You should really check out the Ryzen thread. before doing anything.  There's still some outstanding issues.

unRaid boots off of a flash drive for the OS, and speed is of zero importance there.  What you're thinking about is the cache drive which is where the VMs and other applications run from.  The default setting is a RAID-1 (mirrored), but it can be set to RAID-0 if you want as fast as possible.  Pure speed isn't at the top of my priority list, but it may be higher for you because of the fact you want gaming.

All of @gridrunner's videos are excellent, as is unRaid's documentation.  The wiki is improving all the time but the forum here is the absolute best you'll ever run across.

Alright, I wouldnt be doing this for a few months but i want to get an idea of what im planning on doing. If i just need to main drive as a boot then 1 should be fine since i will be putting all the other games and what not on the 2 2 other drives i have.