Do I need to have separate my Plex server and my documents and other files?

jrd680

Cloud for movie backups is not practical for me.... I have over 25TB of media.... would take forever to back that up.Thus I SOLELY rely on dual parity for data loss. I have lost stuff before, but somehow I manage to reacquire the important stuff.

I'd be more willing to not backup movies and tv shows to the cloud but ensure backups of my other stuff.
9 hours ago, hernandito said:

somehow I manage to reacquire the important stuff.

My criterion for ranking how important something is starts with whether or not it can even be reacquired. If you lose the family photos, how are you going to reacquire them?

On 07/04/2017 at 2:55 AM, trurl said:

My criterion for ranking how important something is starts with whether or not it can even be reacquired. If you lose the family photos, how are you going to reacquire them?

That's the only thing I really can't afford to lose.  Anything else I can live with or without tbh.

20 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

That's the only thing I really can't afford to lose.  Anything else I can live with or without tbh.

Coming from the experience where I have lost all the pictures (many years ago), trust me when I say that you do not want to deal with your wife during that contingency...

3 hours ago, jrd680 said:

Do tell,how?

Nothing fancy... I have in one of my Windows machines an Event Scheduler that copies everything from my unRAID documents share to a local hard drive. I guess I could set up a Crashplan to be safe... but I am lazy about those things. I will put on my to-do.