mikeyosm

6.4 beta?

54 posts in this topic

When can we expect to start testing 6.4 betas for those us with Ryzen CPUs?

3 hours ago, hblockx said:

and now a serious answer? ;)

On 3/24/2017 at 11:36 AM, jonathanm said:

Soon™

1 hour ago, ezhik said:

Real Soon™

That's as serious as it gets around here. Future event schedules are not public knowledge, nor are they typically fixed, so even when Limetech has set a date in the past, it wasn't ultimately held. Thus, no more future dates.

It'll be here when it gets here, and no Sooner™.

They wouldnt have created this subforum just to run one pre-release cycle through it... there will  be another. It'll come when it comes!

14 hours ago, hblockx said:

and now a serious answer? ;)

What particular new feature / functionality are you waiting for?

1 hour ago, bonienl said:

On 3/24/2017 at 11:15 AM, mikeyosm said:

When can we expect to start testing 6.4 betas for those us with Ryzen CPUs?

Is there an issue currently with Ryzen? Thought I might have seen something in the forum, but since I would have had nothing useful to say I probably just skipped it.

15 minutes ago, trurl said:

Is there an issue currently with Ryzen? Thought I might have seen something in the forum, but since I would have had nothing useful to say I probably just skipped it.

Well i suppose that remains to be seen. Folk are reporting potential issues with power management and general stability so a bump in kernel version and general optimization & fixes may help, assuming of course that these make it in to the beta.

6 hours ago, bonienl said:

My top 2 requests would be: 

• More VM management tools. Support for snapshots or another easy way to revert a VM to previous state.  
  • Support for ARM guest OS (such as Raspberry pi) 

I'd like to see a fix for the cpu numbering on proliant boards.... 

8 hours ago, trurl said:

Typical Bleeding Edge pains, where system is unstable. But that shouldnt be a surprise to anyone when it comes to entirely new architecture and an OpenSource OS that takes a revision or two to get new hardware properly supported. Granted, some might have been persuaded otherwise by statements from LT Staff saying it appeared to be working.

Posted (edited)

I'd suggest reading through the below to get up to speed on Ryzen.  Short answer is as on the above posts, there are some potentially UnRaid specific issues that have yet to be chased down that of course everyone's hoping for, but also quite a bit of interest in getting to Kernels 4.10 and 4.11 as soon as possible, even if on a pre-release basis.

I'd also strongly agree with enhancing the VM management features, though this is not really Ryzen related as such (except insofar as Ryzen is very attractive for creating local desktop use VMs).  From my end I'd really like to see a few more things (most notably emulator pinning and pci bios passthrough since these are things that get reset by simple and unrelated changes in the UI but require xml edits to implement) in the UI and some improved ability to manage a VM from within a VM (as in the ability to change settings while the VM is running to be applied on a reboot) and some way to save multiple profiles for a single machine (i.e. the ability to save a config appropriate to getting maximum performance, and another tailored to freeing up resources to allow multiple VMs).  I'd also like to see ui access to the isolcpu setting, being something that's very relevant to a lot of VM uses and requires manual syslinux.cfg edits at the moment.

and

are both in the feature requests forum at the moment.

Edited by Bureaucromancer
duplicate link

15 hours ago, bonienl said:

Since you asked :)

On 4.4.2017 at 1:30 PM, bonienl said:

I really would like to have the 4.10 Kernel. Otherwise i do not receive any thermal-information of my Ryzenbuild. As i am using it for 2 gamers 1 computer and a watercooling i have nearly no clue at all how high the temperatures go while gaming... Also there are a lot of other fixes for ryzenbuilds

On 4/5/2017 at 4:34 AM, hblockx said:

I really would like to have the 4.10 Kernel. Otherwise i do not receive any thermal-information of my Ryzenbuild.

Ditto, thanks.

- Bill

Automated backup functionality (to f.e. a second unraid server) is my top request. Don't know that is something they will add in near future.

Along with the (as ljm42 said) single-threadedness of emhttp. ( Which really is annoying)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'd like to know if it will be possible for a plugin to add an nginx reverse proxy instruction during installation.

On 4/4/2017 at 4:30 AM, bonienl said:

36 drive support, so I can get one of those Supermicro cases I've been eyeing

Also wouldn't mind some bitrot/self healing stuff. Data protection is always nice

multiple cache pools

This thread was mostly pointless as originally started, but now it seems to have morphed into a "feature request" thread. There is another subforum for feature requests. I expect most of the features planned for 6.4 are already determined.

36 drive support, so I can get one of those Supermicro cases I've been eyeing

Also wouldn't mind some bitrot/self healing stuff. Data protection is always nice

Hey if you get 36, I want 60 so I can fill out my HGST chassis. Might as well shoot for the stars :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk