Parity problems after unclean shutdown

I recently added a new 6tb hard drive to my array and while rebuilding the gui became unresponsive. I waiting long enough for the rebuild to finished before powering down the machine but after rebooting it kicked off the parity rebuild again. I finally got the rebuild done but now my parity keeps being removed from the array and I'm not sure what has happened to it because it was working fine until I added the new drive.  If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

yoshi-diagnostics-20170323-0044.zip

yoshi-smart-20170323-0138.zip

Edited by pwcracker

There are no loose connections and the parity happens to be on the new cable I just replaced. I ran 2 parity checks with no errors after replacing the cable, powered down, replaced disk 8 and powered up, started rebuild and when done parity reported millions of errors. Not really sure where to go from here. Unraid has disabled my parity drive now. 

This does not look very good:

After command completion occurred, registers were:
  ER ST SC SN CL CH DH
  -- -- -- -- -- -- --
  04 61 0c 00 00 00 00  Device Fault; Error: ABRT

If you only replaced the sata cable replace power also, if you already replaced both cables it may be a bad disk.

I believe the disk is fine. Those aborts are likely signs of a cabling issue (unless the drive was dropped or something).

Although it could be power, my money is still on data. Likely not a bad cable but a less than perfect connection. Even a few degrees askew is enough to cause intermittent connection issues.

Every time you open your case to add and/or remove drives, you risk having your fat fingers jiggle the corrections to your existing drives. These connections are very fragile. Locking cables are highly recommended. As are drive cages (5in3 or 4in3) to allow easy exchange of disks without opening the case at all. These may seem like luxuries, but are required equipment IMO.

Problems with cabling after drive replacements occur very frequently here - dwarfing incidents of actual drive failures.

8 minutes ago, pwcracker said:

I'm not sure how to proceed from here without losing data. 

Due to the parity errors disk8 rebuild is corrupt, you'll want to do a new config with your old disk8 and do a parity sync with the same or a spare disk as parity.

Edited by johnnie.black

Well thank you guys for all your help. I've upgraded my hard drives 5 or 6 times over the years and have never run into any problems like these. Next time I upgrade a drive I will be a little more careful about my data. Uploaded a pic so you guys can see my setup. Parity is the drive at the very top.

IMG_0161.jpg