Plugin's Page Not Loading

So this is probably something super simple but alas I'm always having trouble with these things whenever I try to update or change anything.  It was working fine so I should have just left it where it was.  I searched and couldn't seem to find any similar topics which is how I usually find my answers.

When I try to load the plugins page it just gets stuck at " Please wait, retrieving plugin information ... " with the spinning wheel.

Anyway, I believe the last plugin I updated (I was just going to the plugin page and clicking "update") from the top down was dynamix.  Perhaps I should have started by updating UnRaid first, this is probably what the problem is.  I believe I got up to the dynamix plugin update (going by most recently changed files in windows browser).  I thought about going into the flash drive, stopping the array and deleting the dynamix files that were most recently updated and then trying again from scratch but I really don't know if this is going to mess with the webUI which I'm so comfortable using now because it's simple.  

I don't know if posting the log will do any good but I have attached it anyway. I zipped it because it seemed to get stuck while uploading and was only 236kb but trying this way.

I must say that I'm not very good with linux setups, I feel I'm computer literate but I struggle with Linux because I grew up completely PC bound.

Any help would be much appreciated, I was hoping to update the UnRaid version as well, as I said I probably should have started with this and I feel like a fool for not looking closely at the text and was just clicking update for each one which seemed to be working fine until this one.

I should also probably point out that the dashboard tab doesn't seem to be working now either, I can click on it but none of the icons that used to show there are appearing since I decided to update stuff.

SysLog.zip

Edited by ColonialRaptor

You really should post the entire diagnostics (Tools - Diagnostics), as there more information in there that will be useful.

Disk 8 appears to be having some problems (unless its new and you haven't formatted it yet) and you probably need to Check Disk File Systems

Mar 23 10:36:48 Tower emhttp: shcmd (100): set -o pipefail ; mount -t auto -o noatime,nodiratime /dev/md8 /mnt/disk8 |& logger
Mar 23 10:36:48 Tower kernel: REISERFS warning (device md8): sh-2021 reiserfs_fill_super: can not find reiserfs on md8
Mar 23 10:36:48 Tower kernel: EXT3-fs (md8): error: can't find ext3 filesystem on dev md8.
Mar 23 10:36:48 Tower kernel: EXT2-fs (md8): error: can't find an ext2 filesystem on dev md8.
Mar 23 10:36:48 Tower kernel: EXT4-fs (md8): VFS: Can't find ext4 filesystem
Mar 23 10:36:48 Tower kernel: FAT-fs (md8): bogus number of reserved sectors
Mar 23 10:36:48 Tower kernel: FAT-fs (md8): Can't find a valid FAT filesystem
Mar 23 10:36:48 Tower logger: mount: block device /dev/md8 is write-protected, mounting read-only
Mar 23 10:36:48 Tower kernel: REISERFS warning (device md8): sh-2021 reiserfs_fill_super: can not find reiserfs on md8
Mar 23 10:36:48 Tower kernel: EXT3-fs (md8): error: can't find ext3 filesystem on dev md8.
Mar 23 10:36:48 Tower kernel: EXT2-fs (md8): error: can't find an ext2 filesystem on dev md8.
Mar 23 10:36:48 Tower kernel: EXT4-fs (md8): VFS: Can't find ext4 filesystem
Mar 23 10:36:48 Tower kernel: ISOFS: Unable to identify CD-ROM format.
Mar 23 10:36:48 Tower kernel: hfsplus: unable to find HFS+ superblock
Mar 23 10:36:48 Tower kernel: UDF-fs: warning (device md8): udf_load_vrs: No VRS found
Mar 23 10:36:48 Tower kernel: UDF-fs: warning (device md8): udf_fill_super: No partition found (2)
Mar 23 10:36:48 Tower kernel: XFS (md8): Invalid superblock magic number
Mar 23 10:36:48 Tower logger: mount: you must specify the filesystem type
Mar 23 10:36:48 Tower emhttp: shcmd: shcmd (100): exit status: 32
Mar 23 10:36:48 Tower emhttp: mount error: No file system (32)

Doesn't explain the plugin thing though, so do the diagnostics....

Yep, since that time Disk 8 has been formatted. It's the new drive that I've just installed which prompted me to update and try to figure all this out.  Also the share problem seems to have worked itself out. I did shutdown and re-boot the server since then so perhaps that's it.  I still cannot access the plugins page though.

I wonder if it could be something that has changed with the plugins ability to access the internet because I believe I've had DNS problems before with dynamix.

Also, is there some way to manually update the UnRAID version around the plugins page because I have a feeling if unraid was up-to date this might not be happening...

I've attached the full diagnostics file now.

tower-diagnostics-20170323-1307.zip

Edited by ColonialRaptor

I was originally going to type that based upon the diagnostics that something was very wrong somewhere because half of the files were missing from it, and then noticed that you were running unRaid 6.0.1

My advice is going to be to update to 6.3.2.  Since the system is crashing on checking plugins, you're probably going to have to do it manually, see http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Upgrading_to_UnRAID_v6   While you're already running v6, without the plugin system working for whatever reason, these instructions are what you need.

Thanks Squid.  I'm not sure how confident I am doing this with these instructions because the upgrade info talks about upgrading from previous versions of UnRAID not from 6.0.1 to 6.x.x

The diagnostics show that it is crashing on checking plugins? What about deleting the dynamix files that were most recently updated so that the plugins isn't trying to use those new files is that going to mess things up?  And by delete dynamix files I mean "dynamix.system.buttons, dynamix .system.stats and dynamix .system.temp", but this is probably a bad idea because the system things those files are going to be there and won't work without them.

I suppose I could just make a copy of the flash and have a complete backup ready and give it a go...

Edited by ColonialRaptor

All you really should have to do is copy from the zip to the flash drive is

bzroot

bzimage

bzimage-gui

the entire contents of syslinux.cfg

and delete all the .plg files from config/plugins (because some of what you're running is incompatible)

You *may* have to re-run the make_bootable script (run as administrator)

Make a complete backup of the flash first

After you're back up, reinstall Community Applications, then pick your plugins again.

Edited by Squid

You can do everything over the network (except for make_bootable if required).

You can give it a go by deleting all the .plg files from config/plugins  Then reboot.  

With luck, the plugins tab will load and then check for updates.  Install the OS update.  If the tab still gets stuck or no OS update is available after checking for updates, then you're stuck downloading the zip and overwriting.

Deleting the plg files did it I've got the plugins page back but severely less plugins are showing up in total I think I remember doing them manually from the URL locations thing, I might be abit more circumspect this time and not install every plugin and his dog.  I think I'll have to try doing them from scratch again but I think for the moment the problem is fixed, I will post again if I have any more problems.  Updating to latest version now.

Yep it definitely must have been something to do with the dynamix plugins because they have a minimum version number. I'm such an idiot for not doing the unraid software first thing

Thanks very much for your help Squid!

Edited by ColonialRaptor
21 minutes ago, ColonialRaptor said:

I think I remember doing them manually from the URL locations thing, I might be abit more circumspect this time and not install every plugin and his dog

Install Community Applications via the URL.  Then go to the apps tab that'll appear and install everything else that you want.