Can't see HP H240 HBA

Tvede

Hi,

I have just got an HP H240 HBA/raid card, so i tried out UNRAID, but i can't se any of the disks connected to the card, if i boot a windows installation, i can all disks right away, so i know all cables etc is working.

I tried to set the card to HBA mode and Raid mode, to see if it made any change, but no luck.

I can see the module "hpsa" is loaded, and this "driver" should support the card, also tried to unload it and load it with other settings, but no luck.

if i look up the data on the card HP state it's supported by ubuntu, centos, redhat, esxi and a few more, so it's not a "windows only" card.

Is there any of you that have a card of the type that work? and if it's not supported what will you select to use ? i need a card of same specs, so 2x sas connector that support sata drives on 4 TB+ ans UEFI boot

Not sure if/what logs need to be attached to give the info needed, but ask and i will provide more info.

Thanks! BR Casper

I just tried to reset every thing, wipe disks, set them to MBR from GPT, ensure the controller is in HBA mode, but i still can't see it, I can only see the 3 SSD's that is connected to the onboard sata controller

Firmware on the H240 is 4.52, maybe this has something to say? it should be the newest one?

Controller is detected:

Mar 23 10:08:37 Tower kernel: HP HPSA Driver (v 3.4.16-0)
Mar 23 10:08:37 Tower kernel: hpsa 0000:01:00.0: can't disable ASPM; OS doesn't have ASPM control
Mar 23 10:08:37 Tower kernel: hpsa 0000:01:00.0: MSI-X capable controller
Mar 23 10:08:37 Tower kernel: hpsa 0000:01:00.0: MSI-X init failed -12
Mar 23 10:08:37 Tower kernel: hpsa 0000:01:00.0: MSI capable controller

But then it times out and no driver is loaded:

Mar 23 10:08:40 Tower kernel: hpsa 0000:01:00.0: board not ready, timed out.

Maybe try posting in the thread I linked above, and ask ezhik what firmware/settings he's using.

I have tried a older firmware but same problem, i also try to unplug diskd to be sure it was not a problem with power or one of the disks that "broke" the controller, but still same problem.

Can this be some sort of unsupported motherboard maybe?

Still awating feedback in the other post on what firmware he is using

MB: MSI Z87I Mini ITX

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z87I.html#hero-overview

Edited by Tvede