Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dooms.daze

[SOLVED] Sudden loss of SAMBA Configuration

8 posts in this topic

So unraid was locked up on me i could not ssh in so i had to hard shutdown the server. Once it came up i noticed only one of my shares was mounting, after looking more into it it seems like the samba.conf configuration was whipped out all besides one share. How do I get back my shares? Do I just need to recreate them?

Thanks,

Edited by dooms.daze

I think you are having some other problem, since shares are automatically made from the top level folders on your disks. I am guessing filesystem corruption.

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and post the complete zip.

Figured it out, looks like /mnt/user had a folder of one of my shares in there before starting the array. Deleting the folder fixed the issue.

10 hours ago, dooms.daze said:

Figured it out, looks like /mnt/user had a folder of one of my shares in there before starting the array. Deleting the folder fixed the issue.

Any idea how that happened? Ordinarily /mnt/user itself doesn't even exist unless the array is started.

trurl,

Not yet, but it seems I have a very old instance of sabnzb installed, which is running at bootup for some reason. I believe this instance has /mnt/user/SabNZBD/com/ configured as its download area. So when it starts it is creating the folders.

I looked in the go script but didn't see anything there, any quick ideas on where I could look?

13 minutes ago, dooms.daze said:

trurl,

Not yet, but it seems I have a very old instance of sabnzb installed, which is running at bootup for some reason. I believe this instance has /mnt/user/SabNZBD/com/ configured as its download area. So when it starts it is creating the folders.

I looked in the go script but didn't see anything there, any quick ideas on where I could look?

I would get rid of that old instance of sabnzb. Probably a good idea not to load anything you aren't using. I don't know whether that would have done it or not since I don't know anything about the specific "old instance". Plugins get installed before the array starts but I don't think they actually run anything until after since they typically need the array before they can do anything.

I guess you could set the array to not autostart (Disk Settings) and see if a folder in /mnt/user gets created at boot.

Thanks turl,

However i do have autostart of the array disabled. I just need to find what is starting the sabnzbd instance as a daemon, and remove it from the system. The problem is I cannot find what is starting it. The only thing i could think of is an old unmenu instance however i removed that from the go script and the sabnzbd instance is being started on bootup still

16 hours ago, trurl said:

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and post the complete zip.