Applications topics

RobJ

Recently, there have been a few questions posted and topics started, application related, but put into the old Applications board of the Legacy section.  Topics there are very old, from long ago versions of unRAID.  Yet the questions do seem appropriate for a general Applications board, and are generally cross platform, not specific to Dockers or plugins or VM's, and may involve combinations of those app platforms.  Here's an example:  DLNA Upnp with Squeezebox LMS not working.

I could not think where best to move this.  I'm wondering if we should re-activate this old board, or better, create a new Applications board in the Applications Support section?  A general Apps board would be more consistent with our move to the idea that apps are apps, whatever the platform.  But we don't really want to create more boards...

If nothing else, we should lock the old Applications board, move it to the Deprecated section. 

28 minutes ago, RobJ said:

I'm wondering if we should re-activate this old board

No.  If only because all the posts within are ancient

29 minutes ago, RobJ said:

create a new Applications board in the Applications Support section?

What I would do.  A "General Applications" board where general questions could go.  Would still get a ton of plugin / docker specific support issues, but its really no different than how it is now with people not posting in the correct thread continually