Just purchased unraid Basic

Greygoose

I have just purchase Unraid basic, i have already posted a few threads and the replies have helped me lots.

I have much to learn on my unraid journey, so far im hooked..  I have my buddy on this journey too, his trial expies soon and he is going Pro.

Not only a great project but an awesome community.  

Catch you around :D

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic, I just purchased the Plus myself. Information seems scattered all over the place though, between the Lime Tech Forum, Reddit, Github and so many others. My mind is swimming with the possibilities. I understand everyones wants and desires may be different as far as how they want to use their Unraid server. Would it possible to have a list of "recommended" apps for things like basic file transferring (Rsync), Home theater server (Kodi,Plex, Emby), Personal Clouds (Owncloud), and other essential apps that would make life easier and Unraid stand out above anyone else?

Thanks in advance as I am almost positive this has been requested and probably posted more than once.

Have a great day and I look forward to the replies.

43 minutes ago, shanelovell said:

Would it possible to have a list of "recommended" apps

Not really. Everyone's personal use case and experience level cause vastly different opinions on what app is recommended for a specific task.

The only thing I think I can safely recommend is to install Community Applications first, and then you have a nice app store type experience to search and choose. 

4 hours ago, shanelovell said:

Information seems scattered all over the place though, between the Lime Tech Forum, Reddit, Github and so many others.

I would say stick to this forum, and if you can't find what you need in this forum, ask in this forum. Be sure to consult the "pinned" topics in each subforum. There is a lot more organization than you might think in the FAQs there.