SYBA SI-PEX40071 8 SATA port controller

2 hours ago, shanelovell said:

What I do not understand is the varied differences from the first test which averaged 136MB/s across the HDDs

The second test was with multiple simultaneous accesses, to stress the port multiplier, if you're only connecting four disks use the four non multiplied ports and you'll have about 200MB/s per disk max bandwidth when all are accessed at the same time, so enough for most disks.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, shanelovell said:

Since the Drives internal rate is only 147MB/s does that mean I will not see a decrease in performance?

No decrease, only a few disks can do > 200MB/s, most current disks max speed is about 150/160MB/s for 5400/5900rpm models and 200MB/s for 7200rpm.

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for a new pci-e  x8 or x16 sata card for my unraid server.  After reading this thread, it looks like the SYBA SI-PEX40071 8 port card is not good if you need all 8 ports.  

What is the most preferred sata controller with 8 ports and enough lanes for full speed?

In another thread they suggested LSI SAS9201-8, however I cannot f ind this card new for sale.  Only used on ebay??

Edited by Switchblade